Click for Mag Bay Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Burger

Viking 43 info wanted from owners

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by bgentry, Mar 1, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. bgentry

bgentry New Member

I am interested in buying a sportfish in the 43 ft range and would like imput as to speed fuel consumption and sea handling
  2. Cahoots

Cahoots New Member

Well 90 days after the fact I'm not sure I'll do you much good, but here goes. I purchased an 01 43 open in November and am really just now getting to use it. Thus far fuel consumption has been silly low, like 14gph, but I don't believe it because I have a long idle in and out and the trips I've run have been very close to shore with very little run time. The reason I think the number is so low is that I've got the 800 MANs and they cut out 4 cyls on each engine below about 1000 rpm. Based on everything I've read I expect 45 - 55 gph up and running. As for sea keeping I've been pleased so far. Bear in mind this is a 34 kt cruise boat, and I can't run that speed in 4' chop, but it does well and is reasonably dry (at least to me).

Hope that helps
    Cahoots
  3. solarken

solarken New Member

Fuel

Hello,

I have to move a 43 from Ventura to San Deigo soon and am wondering about the fuel usage. I have no time in this one bote and it has gas engines and no generator. I think it could be a conversion but I am looking for some typical fuel consumption at an efficent hull speed. No Need to go for speed, ecomomy is going to be an issue on this move. I think she has a 300 gal tank...

Thank you for any input...

Ken
    The Solar Guy :cool: