Click for YF Listing Service Click for Delta Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking

V V S 1, 111 ft Motor Yacht from Alloy Yachts

Discussion in 'Alloy Yacht' started by AMG, Jan 27, 2007.

1. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

This very nice little Expedition Yacht I found at Alloy Yachts website is hopefully soon to be launched.
    Her lines reminds of Skat from Lürssen, but in a size I would prefer...:)

This is what they say;

An expedition style motoryacht began production at Alloy Yachts in September 2005. The 34m ( 111ft ) craft has been commissioned by a New Zealand client and named V V S 1 (a term used in the grading of diamonds).

Capable of world exploration, V V S 1 is built in aluminium to and complies with the Lloyds Register SSC Rules and the Large Yacht Code. The yacht is flagged in the Cayman Islands.

The yacht is designed by Gregory C Marshall Naval Architects of Canada.

She has a 7.78 m ( 25.5 ft) beam, waterline length of 30.14 m ( 99 ft), draft 2.23m ( 7.3 ft). The yacht will displace 190 tonnes and is powered by two Caterpillar B rated engines each 475 hp ( 354 kw ) placed amidships on the lower deck. Two Caterpillar 51kw generators operate the ship's onboard systems.

V V S 1 will be fitted with active roll stabilisers and carries 34000 litres of fuel. It cruises at 13 knots and has an extended range of 3110 nautical miles.

There are two outside steering stations on the port and starboard bridge wings with a further position on the bridge deck aft for docking.

Fresh water storage capacity is 7,000 litres and is topped up by two water makers, which produce 17000 litres per day.

Two tenders are stored on the bridge deck, aft of the sky gymnasium. One of these is a 6.5 metre craft decked out for serious fishing - powered by a 150hp Yamaha outboard. Both tenders are launched by the ship's davit.

The interior design has been developed by Gregory C Marshall Naval Architects, Alloy Yachts design office and the owner. The finishes are modern, minimilistic, including bamboo and ebony floors with lime washed walls.

The accommodation includes a master suite forward on the main deck and three double guest cabins forward on the lower deck, all with ensuites. Crew quarters consist of three cabins on the lower aft deck with the Captains cabin and ships office located on the bridge deck.

The saloon and dining area for eight guests is situated on the main deck.

The ultra modern brushed steel galley is situated between the dining room and aft deck alfresco dining area. Meals can also be served direct to the interior or exterior breakfast bars from the galley depending on weather conditions.

A Teppanyaki bar is located on the fly bridge.

Aft on the bridge deck is a full sized gymnasium and cinema.

Dive equipment and compressor are located in the lazarette.

V V S 1 will be launched in March 2007

Attached Files:

2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

She seems to have been launched yesterday.
  3. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

There's no Gallery available on Alloy's site, but there is this one picture:
    [​IMG]
  4. Yacht News

Pics of VVS1!!!!!!!!!

Kevin I am pleased to tell you there is a gallery now of the beautiful VVS1. I just love this vessel!!!!!!!

http://www.alloyyachts.com/

There is not a direct link so just go to the link I provided above and then click Gallery, the VVS1 is the first yacht you see.
  5. Yacht News

6. Yacht News

What ever happened to the "VvS1"? I do not see her or hear about her now.
  7. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

No sure but there are some great pics of her on Alloy's site. Allng with GA and brocjure in pdf format for those interested.

She had a very fresh and casual interior. Not over done or ostentatious.
  8. RVN-BR

RVN-BR Senior Member

VvS1 Yacht Charters - South Pacific Yacht Charter departing Tahiti, Fiji, New Zealand

I havent crossed paths with her yet, but she has been one of my favorites since I first saw the brief a few years ago... i really like the styling and things just seem to have been done suiting more function than form, which is seldom the case, but is a welcome thing imo! (for example, the aft kitchen... it simply makes more sense, and they werent "afraid" of doing it)