Click for Burger Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn Click for Walker Click for Westport

TV Sat YACHTING Channel.. at last !

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by LouLLou, Mar 19, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. LouLLou

LouLLou Guest

Why in Europe there is only the Italian Sailing Channel and no more channels for yachting?
    The yachting industry is so rich that makes no sense...
    I watch the regattas in Italian 'Sailing Channel' and I know by memory the advertised yacht factories.
    How come all these wealthy builders, managers etc. have not united yet to present themselves in a tv satellite channel?
    I think we miss a channel to present new projects, mega yachts, motor yachts, exquisite sailing yachts, our passions....
    Anybody??
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

There could be many reasons, but I think the main reason is security. There are always threats of kidnapping or assaults to the most rich and famous. Most don´t like to be connected with their yachts and this is why we shouldn´t disclose owners on Forums like this either. Some are less exposed to these risks or are prepared to take them and makes no secret of their posessions. Those are the names we are now pretty familiar with, but still most of them are very private when it comes to invite the press onboard.

The yachts we could expect to see on TV-shows are the charter-yachts or yachts for sale, which should be something for the brokers to promote. I heard it was something about the Wally 118 on some channel yesterday?

Maybe you should start a new "Love Boat"-series with yachts? :)
  3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

With the Love Boat idea, I was thinking that it would attract much more viewers than just a yachting magazine. I guess the Cruise Ship industry have much to thank Love Boat for the booming success of cruises?

From 1977 to 1986, more than 1,000 celebrities "sailed" aboard the Pacific Princess (on "The Love Boat" series) including Tom Hanks, Mickey Rooney, Heather Locklear, John Ritter, Billy Crystal, Jamie Lee Curtis, Douglas Fairbanks Jr., Hulk Hogan, Carol Channing, Charo, Marion Ross, Gene Kelly and Ginger Rogers.

Think of a nice Mega-yacht with the mega-stars cruising the world every week on TV? Could do a lot for charter and yachting if it was well produced...

Attached is the original Love Boat, the Pacific Princess, now named Pacific.

Attached Files: