Click for Nordhavn Click for Furuno Click for JetForums Click for Walker Click for Abeking

Trust Collective Knowledge Discussion

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by JWY, Jul 14, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. JWY

JWY Senior Member

I'm a little embarrassed to exhort my appreciation for YF because everybody here knows I'm a big fan. But, then I guess you are too or you wouldn't be loyal followers. My appreciation for this forum of like-minded friends is twofold: (1) What it does to help educate our yachting world and (2) What YF does for me.

(1) I have recommended YF to so many clients (Hi Guys!) who also read YF and many who also post regularly. Whenever I mention YF to someone, they are either a member already or are at least familiar with YF. It is now their reliable source of information too and an honorable one in which they are willing to share their knowledge and wisdom.

(2) YF is my only go to place for marine relevant information. Whether it is finding a vendor or fixing a problem, I know if I post a query on YF, I will have numerous appropriate responses on which I can rely.

I no longer belong to yacht clubs, I belong to YachtForums, my go to place for knowledge and camaraderie.

Thanks, Carl, for all you have created and and for enabling us to reap the rewards of your efforts.

Judy
    SeaLion, Zud, wwch and 1 other person like this.
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I've said this before, but it's worth repeating... the core foundation of the internet is information. Pop social media has tried to turn the internet into a popularity contest at the expense of your personal information. I never veered from the belief that a topic-focused social media would unite like-minded people, resulting in a resource that trumps the ramblings of individual editors, writers or bloggers.

Like you Judy, I'm a huge fan of YF and D A M N proud to be a part of it but none of this would be possible without Ron, Lars, Kevin and hundreds of senior members whose contributions to the collective have resulted in a resource that never existed before.