Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service

Trump Boat Parade; Jupiter Inlet to Mar-A-Lago - Sept 9th, 2020

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtForums, Sep 7, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

This post is not intended to be political, but this is a boating forum and I'm simply reporting an event. Today I witnessed a remarkable show of unity. Had I not seen it with my own eyes, I would not have taken someone else's word for it. It's hard to wrap your mind around the scale of this parade.

I was told the flotilla had 2000 boats. I watched the entire parade and that number is optimistic, but possible. It took one and a half hours for the parade to pass under the PGA bridge and the speed was brisk. If I had to guess, I would say the parade was 8 miles in length. Boats were spread from seawall to seawall, leaving zero space for northbound traffic.

I was dockside at the PGA marina, just to the left of the camera's viewpoint in this video. BTW, this is not my video. Found it on YT. It was taken from the PGA bridge with about a hundred supporters spanning the uprights. I'm sure there will be lots of vids uploaded by tomorrow.

Skip forward to the 3-minute mark to get into the thick of it...

2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Landlubber's view from the Juno Beach Boat Ramp...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.