Click for Seacoast Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Llebroc Click for Walker

Tom Shots...

Discussion in 'Yacht Shots' started by YachtForums, Mar 11, 2020.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Publisher/Admin

Like so many other folks with Facebook pages who have watched their likes and follows drop dramatically as people vacate the platform, we've set up a dedicated forum for YF's favorite photographer Tom Serio to showcase his work.

For those who don't know Tom, neither did I 15 years ago when I stopped by the Broward camp at the Miami show and learned that a YachtForums photographer had just finished shooting the boat. Dumbfounded by this, I thought there must be some mistake. I couldn't afford a photographer!

Later that evening I returned home and found interior pics of the brand new Broward 120' had been uploaded to YF. This presented a problem because I was in the midst of writing a review on the new boat and the pics preempted our coverage. Tom was an active member of YF in the early days, but we had not met yet.

Since then, Tom & I have become good friends and worked many boat shows together, often splitting hotel rooms to keep costs down. We usually catch up in the evenings and go dock walking for some night shots. That's when I take my YF hat off and become Tom's roady, lugging lenses that could double as the Kepler Space Telescope. But it's worth it. Tom takes spectacular pictures at night!

Welcome back to YF, old friend. :)
  2. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Have you got him a reservation high-up with a bloody balcony this time Carl?
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Publisher/Admin

For 10 years I made 150-200 mile round trips (daily) to attend FLIBS or MIBS because the business model doesn't support luxuries like hotel rooms at Bahia Mar or Collins Ave. In recent years (and traffic that has nearly doubled commute times), Tom & I have split rooms at these venues to get our work done. They have rooms with balconies?
  4. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Tit.