Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Comfort Click for Glendinning Click for Perko

Tom Fexas

Discussion in 'Yacht Designers Discussion' started by Kafue, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Hi All,
    Enjoy the posts and commaraderie you all have.
    A question:
    I heard in January the sad news Tom Fexas had died suddenly.
    Why is it that I have not heard nor read articles about this man and his achievments?
    When a so called "movie star" passes away from drugs and alcohol, there is saturation coverage and sad stories follow and a "legend" is suddenly created, in spite of the fact nothing worthwhile was done or achieved in that life.
    However a true legend, as in Fexas, who has left his mark on a thousand waterways in the world is hardly mentioned!
    Most surprising that the Forums have contributed zero on this man since his passing, other than the initial note on his death.

Regards
  2. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

3. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Okay, missed those posts!

Sorry Guys!
    Missed those posts!
    I Apologise!
    However, nothing mentioned in the boating magazines, unless I missed those too.
  4. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

The magazine that Tom wrote for just did a special feature and the issue just released. The title of the rag isn't important, but most of us know which one it was. It is likely that other mags will cover the same, but remember... the mags run 2-3 months behind the real world.
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

6. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Thanks AMG
    Good to see that this was done for him at the Show.
    Have always admired his designs and especially enjoyed his writing, he had no pretensions and was funny and incredibly smart.
  7. coismov

coismov Member

There is an article in the March issue of Yachts International on the Cheoy Lee 100' and at the end there is a small section dedicated to the memory of Tom Fexas. It was only a brief sidebar, not quite an adequate tribute to a man who contributed so much in his life, but it is more than I have come across in any other magazine.