Click for JetForums Click for Mag Bay Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko Click for Nordhavn

TNT platform second stage install

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Pascal, Nov 5, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

As I mentioned before, we had an issue with the TNT platform on the lazzara 110 I started running last year. When running at 10-13 kts, the prop wash would hit the bottom of the platform causing it to shake badly. Water would shoot up thru the holes. As soon as the boat would get in plane it would go away. Been like this since the boat was built in 2004… it came up during survey and I had found videos of the boat from a few years back showing the same issue.

it took a while but we finally were able to get a second stage from TNT and had it installed when we hauled out a week ago. We installed the hardware and thru hulls for the hydraulic hoses at the yard and installed the hydraulics here at the dock.

I haven’t had a chance to rest the results but the 10” we gained will be more than enough to solve the problem

The hardest part of the job was to drill the holes to secure the platform to the new bracket. The yard was struggling to drill the SS tubes so I had the guy who does all my drivetrain and fabrication take it to his shop to drill the holes

The new second stage requires a second hydraulic pump. While we were in there we also relocated the original pump. Some genius back then thought that installing the pump behind a hatch in the stbd jet ski garage was a good idea. Except that the platform needs to come down a little to open the garage door… meaning the only way to work on the pump was to crack open the hydraulic fittings to relieve pressure and dump fluid in the water. Just plain stupid as there was plenty of space for pump under the stairs at the transom door… it always amazes me how some installers and builders don’t think about servicing issues.

here are a few pictures

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
    Rob Greenwood and Capt Ralph like this.