Click for JetForums Click for Comfort Click for Delta Click for MotorCheck Click for Mulder

Three new fuels coming onstream soon; GDiesel, GPetrol and GJet

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by catmando, Mar 1, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. catmando

catmando Senior Member

Google clearrefining.com. There is a .pdf article from a diesel magazine on the News section, click on the big pic to read it.
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Pretty interesting if it is as portrayed in the glossy promotional materials.
  3. The Reverend

The Reverend New Member

At 48 deg C the flashpoint is a bit low for Marine use :(
  4. catmando

catmando Senior Member

"Glossy promotional materials" :rolleyes: well if you just so happened to read the magazine article you saw that their test truck's mileage improved at least 3mpg just from GDiesel. That is a serious improvement I can tell you right now.

If Clear Refining can get Federal approval and the other things they need to start production asap, millions of gallons of dino fuel will be saved in this country. You KIWIs will have to wait, sorry.
  5. Savasa

Savasa Senior Member

Greetings,
    Yup it does look good on paper but so does electronic anti-fouling, dripless shaft seals, Algex magnetic fuel conditioning, lifetime oil fiters, the benifits of E-Fuels etc.
    Sorry, put me down as a sceptic and if I'm wrong, I will put an apology in writing.
    Peter.
  6. Henning

Henning Senior Member

I have Cathelco electronic anti fouling on this steel boat (110' Kingship). I don't know whether it is the Jotun bottom paint or the Cathelco, but I just got hauled after sitting 9 months in a spot known for serious fouling and came up clean. YMMV
  7. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Where abouts on your boat are the anodes and cathodes installed?
  8. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I hadn't seen the PDF till I saw your reply and looked a little deeper which is why I just mentioned the glossy blurb.

I agree that the Flash Point makes it useless for yachts under current rules and regs.

The SG of the ULSD is also a lot lighter then a regular ULSD taking it almost half way between regular diesel and ULS Gasoline.