Click for Furuno Click for Walker Click for Westport Click for Perko Click for Mulder

The Cape Horn Yachts

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Spuds, May 17, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Spuds

Spuds New Member

I am in the process of determing which manufacturer to ask to build a 60-80 foot yacht for world cruising. I would appreciate any and all information anyone may have on The Cape Horn Yachts.

Thanks!!
  2. mik-48

mik-48 New Member

I might have something for you. Please let me know your e-mail, as files are to large to upload here.

The boat is of steel 22,5 metre long and with lloyds certification.
  3. JWY

JWY Senior Member

I am quite sure I can provide as much information as you would like on Cape Horn Trawlers. I have sold the brokerage CH boats hulls # 1 (Eden Bound), 2 (Eos I), 6 (Two By Sea), and # 7 (Serendipity). I have worked with Peter Sever, the visionary and founder of CH, since 1998 including numerous boat shows and am still in weekly contact with him.

Having sea trialed and attended survey on the above vessels, I remain a die-hard fan of the "old" Cape Horn trawlers and can recount many stories told by owners where they felt life and or vessel would have been at risk had they not been aboard a Cape Horn.

There are currently 3 CH's for sale: a spectacular 81 in Anacortes, a fantastic 55 in Anacortes and a 63 in Lauderdale. I would be glad to provide details and history of each vessel.

Peter Sever sold The Cape Horn Trawler Corporation last October to a client of mine who had contracted to build a new CH 81. I was the exclusive sales rep for a while for this new owner. Although I still have the ability to sell a new Cape Horn, I do have other builders I can recommend and would be glad to discuss their integrity and merits. I specialize in trawlers and long-range cruisers with a subspecialty in steel and would be glad to be of assistance.

Judy
  4. Bob Scott

Bob Scott Guest

didn't he say he is looking for a manufacturer to build?? :confused:
    make sure you go with a broker that listens to your needs! ;)
  5. JWY

JWY Senior Member

"I would appreciate any and all information anyone may have on The Cape Horn Yachts."

Bob -- It only seemed appropriate to include mention of 3 that are currently for sale in the category of ALL information. Sounds to me like a broker listening to the client request in detail. ;)

Judy
  6. Bob Scott

Bob Scott Guest

just giving you a hard time because of how it reads...you sound like you are very knowledgeable about cape horn yachts. just couldn't pass up the chance to give a broker a hard time! :)
  7. trouty

trouty New Member

I got a broker

He must work at my bank - every week he rings me up and tells me I'm broker and broker! :D :rolleyes: ;)

Sadly - he ain't lyin! :(

Cheers!