Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service

Synthetic teak/holly, opinions needed

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by CTdave, Mar 12, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Hello all
    I've installed real teak/holly before but I really want to go with the synthetic type for the interior of my 50 Hatteras.
    There are several manufacturers out there & I see many big name boat builders are using synthetic these days. Again, this is for the interior & I'd love to hear from anyone who has seen any of the synthetic products.

Nuteak make "Cflor" for interiors. http://nuteak.com/nuteak-applications/cflor-nautical-flooring-pictures It comes in 3" x 36" interlocking glue down strips which is a little more work but I "think" it looks the best from what I can see online.
    Several others include "Plasteak" http://www.plasteak.com/plasteak-re...looring/teak-and-holly-flooring-glossy-finish which comes in flat/semi gloss/glossy and is in sheet form, 6' wide sections and any length I need. World Panel sells "Lonseal" which is also in sheet form http://www.worldpanel.com/#!about2/c22rp

Each of these manufacturers show nice looking photos of their products on both large and small vessles but I just can't tell which looks best. Anyone have first hand experience?

Thanks,
    David
  2. captholli

captholli Senior Member

Amtico makes a beautiful product for your application.
  3. franzmerenda

franzmerenda Senior Member

4. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

I have Lonseal on my boat. I'm very pleased with it. I have the maple/mahogany. Defender sells it - comes in 6' wide x whatever length you need. Contact Lonseal and they will send you samples.

Attached Files:

5. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Thanks guys. I just received samples and an installation quote from a guy who represents Nuteak/Cflor.
    Eric, I just ordered a sample from Lonseal, thanks for your thoughts!
    he Nuteak is going to cost roughly $2,800 for 240 square feet. His installation price was pretty high at around $5,000. He said it would take almost a week to install. I've done plenty of flooring including the fake bamboo currently there which I did in a pinch two years ago. I wish I had gone the extra mile as it just looks cheap. Now I get to do it over again!
    Now I just need to decide which product to use. If it's the Lonseal which comes in sheets, I'll carefully remove what's there now so I have a perfect template to trace. The Nuteak looks incredible but it's time consuming as it comes in 3" strips and the 1/4" holly gets glued down separately.