Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Glendinning Click for Burger

SuperYacht Ilona (Heli on board)

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by antiguogrumete, Jun 13, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. antiguogrumete

antiguogrumete New Member

Super Yacht Ilona built 2004 by Amels in Makkum ( Netherlands ) docked at Marina Real (Valencia)

With an AgustaWestland AW109SP (G-CHFD) helicopter on board
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Are you Javier Rullan Ruano or somehow related to him or his business, either photography or game development?
  3. antiguogrumete

antiguogrumete New Member

Yes
  4. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Amels "Ilona" arriving to Abeking & Rasmussen for refit work.

5. Yacht News

"Ilona" looks like she is just about done with her most recent refit at Abeking & Rasmussen. Some changes have been made including a restructuring of the forward bow forecastle area. It now appears to be enclosed with the points for the ropes being lowered than the original position. Railings now line the top of the enclosed bow area and the permanent steaming mast has been removed which leads me to believe a telescopic mast has been installed and hidden under the foredeck. The next major difference is to the stern where the former flush stern has been extended with a swim platform as well as removing the flush look and adding two stair to link the aft main deck and swim platform. With the upgrade, the LOA is now 82-meters.

Still Photo by DrDuu

Attached Files:

6. Scott W

Scott W Senior Member

The changes aren't insignficant, but they're done subtly and she doesn't end up looking like an adhoc mess as some of these do. I actually think it's an aesthetic improvement. She's nine or ten meters longer than her launch length and I suspect the changes to her bow had some appreciable impact on her center of gravity. Abeking unquestionably knows what they're doing, but I would be curious to know if how her seakeeping has changed in any appreciable way and if so, how.
  7. Yacht News

"Ilona" heading into to Gibraltar at the time.