Click for Mag Bay Click for Perko Click for Ocean Alexander Click for JetForums Click for Abeking

Sunroof on my 63' Predator stuck

Discussion in 'Sunseeker Yacht' started by SHAZAM, Apr 24, 2010.

1. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

Doesn't open up and the owners manual is useless. Is there a way to manually open the top? Where in the arch is the opening mechanism located and where's the access?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Henning

Henning Senior Member

First question is, is it physically stuck or is the opening mechanism not working? I used to run a 61' Predator and the top physically stuck due to a build up of gunk and scrud in the tracks and such from sitting at a dock with a nearby tree and upwind construction site where they were doing a bunch of dirt work. Two guys lifting and pushing while another worked the switch got it open then I cleaned everything and waxed it all up really well and it functioned just fine. Not sure where the opening mechanism was located though.
  3. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

Henning, thanks for the reply. It moves about a 1/16th of an inch then stops. I can hear the motor working but the roof wont move. Also, is there a locking mechanism holding the **** thing closed that I don't know about?
  4. Henning

Henning Senior Member

I never noticed a locking mechanism, not to say there isn't one. Can you physically push it past the jam point while someone holds the switch, shaking it vertically at the same time? Have you inspected the tracks best you can for something that may be causing the bind?
  5. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

Henning, you were right on the money. It took three of us to get it to move, we lubed the tracks and viola. Thanks.
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I manage a Neptunus with a similar top, Silicone spray works well and doesn't leave any sticky gooey residue for dirt and such to get caught on.
  7. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

Thanks for that Capt J, any specific brand preference?
  8. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Always liked CRC-656.
  9. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

CRC silicone spray.....its in a blue-ish teal can