Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights Click for Glendinning Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service

Sunliner Electric Schematic/Diagram

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by PamSails, Jan 17, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. PamSails

PamSails New Member

Although this has been asked before, it is time to do it again, a search had no results. I have a 1983 Ocean Yachts 46 Sunliner. I am looking for anyone with a electrical diagram or schmatic of the boat, or any OY of that era.

My current problem is the combo outlet-switch that is on the back edge of the shelf, towards the mirror, the outlet is a general purpose 120v/15a and the switch is for those 1980's lights around the mirror. There is no power to the switch and I am hoping someone has an idea where the wiring goes so that it would fail, after the breaker in the power panel.

planning on adding a picture once I can take one.
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Check for a GFCI somewhere, usually those outlets are daisy chained from another outlet.
    PamSails likes this.
  3. PamSails

PamSails New Member

I did that as I was the one who put the GFCI on the boat. The circuit it is supposed to be on has a working breaker so I am sure there is something else in the circuit after the breaker and before this outlet/switch that is allowing the circuit to function to a point.
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Is there power coming out of the breaker? Power to the GFCI? Look through the boat and test for power and look for other GFCI's. An electrical diagram even if you found one, won't show you where anything is located and doubtful you'd have one as I've never seen electrical diagrams for any Ocean yacht over the years. The boat isn't that big and given the age, just run new wires.
  5. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

Check the ''port outlets'' and ''starboard outlets'' breakers. May be on that. OR overhead lights breakers for ''Stateroom/head. '' /Aftcabin. Probably tied into one of those breakers. As J said daisy chained.
    I have a wiring diagram for my 1981 42' sunliner, **** if I can read and understand the thing! Not one of my specialties.:rolleyes::(
    I just trace the wires from point A to B to figure out what's what.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022