Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for JetForums Click for Ocean Alexander Click for YF Listing Service

Stormfågel - Sweden

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by orion, Oct 22, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. orion

orion Senior Member

New swedish propulsion system and innovative hull design!!!
    www.stormfagel.se
    An italian yacht producer have signed a licence contract and will use this system on very spectactular designed hi-speed yachts.
    www.stormfagel.se/ifdesign1.jpg
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

When I was a kid, there were often ideas and illustrations on cars that was "flying" high between skyscrapers as if gravity didn´t exist. I was dreaming about them and was sure that if I should live beyond year 2000 this was the ordinary way to move :cool:

I still dream of the zero-gravity vehicle, but I am sure I will not live long enough to see container ships going 80 knots...:rolleyes:

The global warming is not causing flatter seas and I would rather buy shares in tankers and cargo ships that goes under the surface than on top...:)
  3. Garry Hartshorn

Garry Hartshorn Senior Member

DITTO :)
  4. orion

orion Senior Member

Dont you guys belive in the future anymore?:D
    I think the pitchable water turbine system sounds very interesting.
    Its time to come up with something new, the traditional propeller system is pretty old by now.:rolleyes:
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Yes, I hope they have something interesting after all the money invested.

In powerboat racing we have had cleavers for many years, but they are only for very high speed and useless at lower. Today we are getting five-blade props giving both high speed and good acceleration through the register.

If this turbine-like prop will do both due to variable pitch, maybe, but on smaller crafts you also need trim which seems impossible with this hull and setup??

I wish them luck, but suspect there is a long way to go...