Click for Northern Lights Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder Click for Furuno Click for Burger

Steel Roamer and engines for sale

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer: Buy/Sell/Trade' started by stem2stern, Oct 5, 2007.

1. stem2stern

stem2stern New Member

Have a 1960 30' steel Roamer for sale. Needs lots of work but somebody might have a use for it. On an over the road 20 ton air ride trailer with a stinger fifth wheel hitch which could be reconfigured into standard fifth wheel hookup.

Best part is we refurbed the 427 engines and Paragon transmissions and they have very few hours. Complete professional rebuilds. This boat was always a fresh water boat.

If you have use of any or all of this package let me know. Have previously hauled up to 50' boat on this trailer. Will post link to pics in a few days.

I have completely restored a 1963 Chris Connie, as well as this Roamer, Used them so much I rebuilt the power in both and still have a set of Chris 283's and a set of Chris 327's. Have quite a few 283 and 327 long blocks short blocks, manifolds, pistons, cranks, etc.

Have lived on these boats in the summer, spent countless winters building and rebuilding them so guess I've done it, been there, and now on to other things. I just discovered this Forum so I plan to hang around as it will never get out of my blood.
  2. MYCaptainChris

MYCaptainChris Senior Member

great

pictures would be great thanks.
  3. chriswufgator

chriswufgator Member

How did twin 427s find their way (or fit) into a 30' boat?

Are you sure you got your hull size correct?
  4. woodlund94

woodlund94 New Member

427's in a 30' boat....must haul ass!!
  5. stem2stern

stem2stern New Member

427's in 30' Roamer

It hauls ass all right. Used it for a towboat on Lake Erie for many years. Not much sisce rebuilding engines. Ran right along with my 30' connie with 327's. 24 knots out of a steel roamer is flying. loved how it handled the short choppy seas of this lake. A lot of people were happy to see it coming into view when they were stuck out 30 miles on a rough day chasing walleye.

And yes I screwed up. It is 35'.
    My wife had to remind me!!!