Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for Mag Bay

St.Martin yachts

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by psdo, Mar 2, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Well here I am,, new to the group. Just found about it today.
    Since travelling to St.Martin years ago, I have become very facinated with the large yachts that I have seen there. St.Martin has become our favourite destination and we now visit twice a year. Looking forward to returning in a few weeks. My cousin who lives there is a marine mechanic and has been doing work on some of the yachts there. He told me today that he was on Perfect Perscription. So I will post some pics after I return and will post some pics of my recent trip. We did manage to go into Isle del Sol to have a close up look at Aussie Rules, Lazy Z and many more.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2004
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi PSDO!

Welcome to YachtForums! You taught me something new today... I didn't know you could post a picture THAT large!:eek:

I've set the system to accept pics about 1 MB in size, but the size can be larger on lower resolution pics. No worries... you can post any size you want. Glad to have you onboard and look forward to more pictures and stories about your travels.

BTW... I stood next to Aussie Rules when it was docked at the Marriot in Ft. Lauderdale. Not only did I feel dwarfed by this yacht's size... I felt like I was on welfare too!

Sooo.. did you get Greg Norman's autograph, or just steal his women?:D
  3. psdo

psdo Senior Member

ya, I'm not sure why the pic is so big. I tried to make it as small as possible. Oh well,, I'll try again.

So my cousin just emailed me again from St.Martin,, he told me a friend of ours just chartered Leander for a day.. $66,000 usd. He can well afford it, just wish I had been down there for it. He also told me that if Perfect Prescription is still there, when we go in 3 weeks, that I might get a little tour.. I'm very anxious to see her. So far I've been lucky enough to get on board Fantasy a couple of years ago.

Here's a pic of True Blue coming through the newly widened bridge in Simpson Bay. That is a great spot to see all the yachts up close as they enter the lagoon.
  4. psdo

psdo Senior Member

True Blue

Attached Files:

5. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Just got word from my cousin in St.Martin that Limitless just came in. She took on 250,000 gallons of fuel. They didn't fill it up either due to her draft when full upon exit through the new bridge.

I'm heading down there next weekend so I will have lots of pics in a couple of weeks. From what I understand there are around 100 mega yachts in the lagoon at the various marinas. I also have use of a friend's off shore boat, a 46' Buzzi with triple 502s. So we will be able to get up nice and close. Can't wait to get there.
  6. YachtForums

That sounds great!! Look forward to seeing some pics! If you think of it.. snap a few shots of the marina and surrounding areas to post in the "Gatherings & Destination" forum, so members have an idea of what to expect if they make this a destination.

Have a safe trip!

Carl
  7. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Here's a shot of the Isle del Sol marina in December.
    Argyle, Aussie Rules and Excellence III

Attached Files:

8. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Well, just got back from St.Martin. Seems like most of the big boys have left but there were still some. Limitless made it's way back into Isle de Sol on Tues morning. Excellence III was there but left on Wednesday. Parafin was seen cruising into Marigot bay. Amnesia was also at Isle de Sol along side Limitless.
    Unfortunately we didn't stop in and get a good close up of the yachts this time. (I wasn't driving). Georgia and Atlanta were also tied up together at La Plapa. At the new Marigot Marina, I spotted Slipstream.
    So that's my brief report on our trip this year. I was some what disappointed that I didn't get more time to see all of them but with only one week, it's hard to see and do everything.

Attached Files:

9. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Isle de Sole

Attached Files:

10. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Limitless

Attached Files:

11. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Georgia

Attached Files:

12. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Limitless again

Attached Files:

13. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Port de Plaisance

Attached Files:

14. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Isle de Sol

Attached Files:

15. YachtForums

THAT'S what I'm talking about! Outstanding coverage of St. Martin!! Thanks, PSDO! I've never been to the island, but if enough of us share travel pics, we get a good idea of great destinations. I'm going to the Virgin Islands this month and hope to bring back pictures and information that might be inspiring to those considering it as a destination as well.

Thanks again PSDO!!:)
  16. YachtForums

The large picture of Limitless captures a presence unlike I've ever seen before. Nice photography!
  17. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Hey,, that's why I came to this board to see what yachts are where. I thought that was suposed to be the focus.

I'll scan in some more shots soon
  18. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Bossy Boots coming in through the Simpson Bay bridge

Attached Files:

19. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Gustavia St.Barts where all the big boys play
    Try navigating through this!

Attached Files:

20. psdo

psdo Senior Member