Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Westport

St. Maarten Yacht Show

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by psdo, Sep 29, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. psdo

psdo Senior Member

2. psdo

psdo Senior Member

SXM Yacht show

I know it's been some time since I've made a post but I will have LOTS in a couple of weeks after my trip to SXM. My cousin there says the big boys are coming in hard and fast. He's been working on Lady Lola in the last couple of weeks. We will be out on a 46' offshore boat so I will be able get up nice and close for some good shots. He might be able to get me tour of Charisma, I'll keep my fingers crossed. So as soon as I get back you will get some good stuff to see.
  3. Motoryacht

Motoryacht Member

Hey PSDO!

Long time, no post! Good to hear from you. Will seriously look forward to your coverage of the event. Enjoy your trip! :)
  4. psdo

psdo Senior Member

As expected the first SCMS was not a disappointment. The list of yachts present was very long. If you read any of the yacht publications you will be very familiar with the attendees. My first spotting was Alpha 4 parked right at Isle de Sol along the main road through Simpson Bay. Also along side was Phoenix.

I will just post this pic for now as I have more on 35mm that I will be scanning in later tonight. Then I will detail my trip to SXM.

Later

Steve

Attached Files:

5. psdo

psdo Senior Member

I took this shot from the roof of the Maho hotel. That's Dream passing in front of the small island called Saba

Attached Files:

6. psdo

psdo Senior Member

This is Lady Lola and Capri milling around Simpson bay waiting for the bridge to open to the lagoon

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      41.2 KB
      Views:
  7. psdo

psdo Senior Member

One of the highlites of the show had to be the arrival of Annaliesse. I happened to be coming over the hill from Philipsburg and saw her waiting for the bridge to open. Unfortunately we couldn't get there in time due to the fact that traffic on that side of island came to a stand still waiting for her to come through. From what I understand she hit on the way in and out of the bridge. OUCH!

Attached Files:

8. psdo

psdo Senior Member

This is Lady Lola and the Lady Lola Shadow. I had a chance to talk to one of the crew while at the world famous Sunset Beach Bar. He was impressed that I knew so much about the toys on board the Shadow. The Eliminator cat is very impressive. As you can see we were on the water when I got this shot of the helicopter taking off, very cool.

Attached Files:

9. psdo

psdo Senior Member

For those of you that don't know (correct me if I'm wrong?) Alpha Four is owned by the president of the committee that organized the Athens Olympics. the second shot is of one her tenders.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  10. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Phoenix was also in attendance as were many Lurssens.

Attached Files:

11. psdo

psdo Senior Member

This about says it,, this is what toys the big boys have,a jet and a yacht. Not sure on who owns the jet, they were buzzing in and out all week. There were also two Boeing business jets that I suspect were there for the show.

Attached Files:

12. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Nice view from the top of the Isle de Sol tower

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  13. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Not sure why but Ultima lll has had her name removed. New owners perhaps?

Attached Files:

14. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Always a crowd pleaser, Star Ship.

Attached Files:

15. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Princess Yacht Club

Attached Files:

16. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Another nice shot from the roof of the Maho.

Attached Files:

17. psdo

psdo Senior Member

So as you can tell I had a great time this year. As I was a little disappointed that the show was for trade only, I got a little surprise. On the last day of the show they opened it up for the public. The yachts were off limits but at least we got to see them up close. That made my day.

More to follow tomorrow.

Attached Files:

18. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Spectacular Coverage!!!!! :) :) :)
  19. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Hey thanks alot,, I was looking forward to getting some good shots to post for everyone. It was very cool seeing all the newest boats in the same place at one time. I just wish I could have spent more time looking around the marinas but as you know SXM has great night life and that kind of hindered some of my daytime activities! For a taste of SXM head over to http://www.sunsetbeachbar.com and you can see what fun it is. That's us on the PSOD page. Got to love it, topless women drink for free! For those wanting to sit and watch the boats go through the bridge stop in for a bevy at Neil's newest watering hole. http://www.smyc.com/

Merry Christmas

Steve
  20. Jaye Thirteenth

Jaye Thirteenth New Member

All these photos are incredible.
    Thanks so much for posting them... I live in the northeast United States, and all of that scenery is like a dream to me. Just wonderful.

-Jaye