Click for Cross Click for Glendinning Click for Perko Click for Walker Click for Westport

Sportfisherman 62

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by 84far, Jun 21, 2009.

1. 84far

84far Senior Member

Hi All

just a SF/62 i was working on lately, and was just after some comments.
    the boat was originally 59' at first but i stretched the hull to 62'... just trying to get the hull right.

please note that the window design has been modified, and i have left out the motor in/outlets and other small details for privacy reason.

also the rendering package i have at the moment is not the best, thus the wood looking like cork.

feedback on the cockpit layout would be great. thanks

far

Attached Files:

2. dennett1

dennett1 New Member

Hi Far,
    Nice design great flair fwd. Not being an expert on design I'll leave that to more experienced yacht forum members however I might be able to help with the rendering.

Depending on what modeling software you use there might be some good rendering plugins to give you better results. For instance Rhino has Flamingo, AutoCAD, Catia, and Photoworks (Solidworks) all have Mental Ray as a plugin. Maya ships with Mental Ray but Maya itself is not a CAD program. If you can tell me your modelling software perhaps I can help further.

Photoshop is another essential tools as well for post production.
    Hope this helps a bit.
  3. 84far

84far Senior Member

Thanks dennett

i used Rhino and then Flamingo for the render. i started using the rhino package at the start of the year and have been advised from the nice guys here on YF to use V-ray for the rendering. hopefully ill have the money for that soon.
    Flamingo is fine for small close up work eg, the seats on the flybridge, if u do a close up of the timber work u can see the grain. but from the distance like i have in my pictures, well as i said it looks like cork, and doesnt give u individual planks... but i still dont know the program that well.

or i could just send u the drawings and u can do the rendering for me. :D !

question for everyone - comments on diesel electric motors for SF? i was thinking of using electrics for the trolling, or is the vibrations and sound good for attracting fish?

far
  4. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Just from an aesthetic/zen viewpoint I'm not convinced the stretch was needed. I do love low profile sport yachts, but for a fisherman this profile is unsettling. Kind of like getting Twiggy when I was expecting Marilyn.

As for the cockpit layout, hard to see with so much shadow from the hardtop.

no help Kelly
  5. 84far

84far Senior Member

hi KCook

just what the doctor order. there was ment to be a stretch on the superstructure and flybridge to fit in with the extra 4ft-ish, but for some reason the rhino that im using has stop working. i think the hull is about 62-7 now, up from the 59, so yes i agree with your 'zen'.

as for the shadows i wouldnt have a clue how to get rid of them, so ill try and get a better rendering.

thanks again KCook.
  6. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Err, sorry I wasn't clear. My "stretch" concern was regarding the hull form, not the superstructure.

even less help Kelly
  7. 84far

84far Senior Member

KCook

i see what your saying. also the stretch was mainly to help hydrodynamics, but i do get what your saying. the proper vision of this boat came in at 61'.

also, would u have the cabin door that exit to the cockpit in the middle or off to the side?

far
  8. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Having the door on the side would give a lot more freedom for the cabin layout inside. But I can understand that would look weird to a lot of folks. In my view the ideal would be a compromise, offset from center toward one side, not all the way up against the end of the cabin bulkhead. Would be nice if the builder could leave the door placement as one of the customer options.

no help Kelly
  9. 84far

84far Senior Member

KCook

well funny u should say that, i have a similar idea to what your saying and suggesting. i was thinking to have that back window come down like on the bertram, but have some stools instead of that couch. and the stools would have to be on the same level as the inside, and the cockpit on a lower level.
    or at least make it an option for the more leisurely cruisers.

comments?

far

Attached Files:

10. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Wow!!! I had not seen that Bert setup before. Hardly traditional, but I like it. That said, I am not a fan of very dark windows. If this big bulkhead window has to be dark glass, then I would be tempted to treat the bottom portion of it with some other material, not glass.

fussy Kelly
  11. 84far

84far Senior Member

KCook

the company i used to work for made this honey in china, but more importantly the idea of the stools and the back window is what im after. i thought it was such a great idea instead of a couch. and on a 61' u have a lot more room to play with. thoughts?

far

Attached Files:

• 25.jpg
      25.jpg
      File size:
      71.9 KB
      Views:
  12. KCook

KCook Senior Member

I think that feature would be a whole lot of fun on the flybridge of a large yacht. Or even a bow cockpit. But I'm not so sure about the main cockpit on a fisherman. Can the stools be easily removed and stowed out of the way?

Kelly
  13. 84far

84far Senior Member

KCook,

if u were full on with the gamefishing u probably wouldnt go with that option, but i thought it might be a bit of fun when just having a cruise with friends. i would make the stools with a flush mt base, so yes u could remove when going out for a proper fish, and u wouldnt trip over the base.
    SF boats these days arent very friendly in the cockpit area, its either on the flybridge or inside for the social time. and when u are having a few in the cockpit, u have to sit on the gunwhale/deck chair/freezer. but some kind of bar would be great... no ozzie jokes please :D

far