Click for MotorCheck Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking

sportfish captain and mate team looking for an owner

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by makaira, Sep 29, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. makaira

makaira New Member

hello, i am a sportfish captain from miami looking for a new boat that wants a captain and a mate (brother-we work very well together) who have zero ties to land. (ie bills,debt, or women!) we would like to find a boat that wants to follow the bite and dive through out the tropics. listed below is a brief on myself and my brother, more is available by request and any and all comments and advice about finding a boat would be greatly appreciated.

captain (30 years old)

MCA yachtmaster offshore 200gt
    stcw 95
    src radio
    sea survival
    padi dive master

mate (27 years old)

diesel engineer/mechanic
    stcw 95
    advanced fire fighter (land and sea)
    padi dive instructor

I have worked with the top fishing captains in florida and costa rica (full list availble on request)from 2nd mate to captain while doing so have been involved in boat building (31ft bertram), charters and live bait fishing. Also have extensive tournament experience (for a full list of tournaments fished please contact) and fun fishing through out the bahamas, caribbean and costa rica.

If you are purchasing a new boat let me assist you with outfitting, sea trial, or advice.

My 1st mate is a padi dive instructor (my brother) and has been working for the aggressor dive fleet (turks and caicos) for 2 years as engineer/instructor.

I can operate and maintain all systems found on todays modern sportfish vessels, from building live well systems(grp)to servicing water makers.
    extensive knowledge of bahamas (most ports), costa rica and caribbean.

last boat as captain: 55ft hatteras "KICKBACK" miami beach
    trip was from miami to turks and caicos (provo) and back
    marlin, tuna, wahoo, and bottom fishing
    6 months including outfitting

for a full resume please PM