Click for Cross Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Perko Click for Burger

Sharing Hard Learned Knowledge - How?

Discussion in 'Luhrs Yacht' started by Robert Page, Mar 27, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Robert Page

Robert Page New Member

I have a 2002 290 Open and I typically do my own repairs and maintenance to learn the boat. I am just about to finish a long period on the hard doing hurricane repairs. I learned a lot about the trim tabs and starter switches on this boat during this period and would like to share it as well as other knowledge items of interest (Knowledge Base Atricles (KBA) in my professional world).

How does the forum prefer to capture this sort of knowledge to share? I was sad to see little or no info on line and then read about the deletion of the old forum.
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Not sure what "old forum" was deleted, but you're in the right place to share knowledge. Go to the search feature and type in some of the projects you've done or plan and there's a very good chance you'll find someone else who's done them. In many instances you'll find pics showing what and how they did the jobs and you can PM those who posted for more advice. You can also post the projects and you're pretty sure to get good, bad and ugly advice from the members. Beyond that YouTube is great for video tutorials covering about every job I can imagine.
  3. Rscriv

Rscriv New Member

NYCAP123, the “old” Luhrs owners forum, was a free standing website that went back many years and had hundreds of posts regarding repairs, projects etc. it was a shame it folded. Oh well, this site is a good place to start rebuilding a new site. Where you at Capt? I’m in Oakdale Long Island.
  4. DRL

DRL New Member

Welcome hearing any subject matter expertise. Recent owner of a '93 290 open and replaced trim tabs a couple years ago. Should have installed with indicator lights, my mistake...following the 10 second up/down rule instead. I've had do some interesting engine work lately as previous owner had car mechanics working on them - what a s*it show. Replaced harmonic balancer, pulleys, alternator and water pumps 5.7 Marine Power 350's. Launching Cape May next week.