Click for Mag Bay Click for Westport Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking

Sécurité: Government Cut/Cuban protest

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by JWY, Jul 16, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. JWY

JWY Senior Member

2. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Great idea, but it probably won’t do much at all, sure it makes the participants feel good, but that’s it.
    (Yes, moral support to the protesters in Havana, now they feel good as they are being hauled in to the police torture chambers:rolleyes:)
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Stupid idea. The people in Cuba won't even know that they're out there. Unless they plan on trying to get Cubans to defect AND get 12 miles out where they can be picked up.
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I agree. It s a stunt. The overthrow has to happen from inside but they re starving. You can’t fight with an empty stomach and when you re busy looking for food. Communism 101
  5. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

It's not designed to reach those in Cuba, but designed to get the US involved. Now, let's not get into a political debate of that wisdom or not, let's just stick with the knowledge which Judy shared of the event, which voters in the area need to be aware of and most will want to avoid.
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Why on earth would the U.S. get involved? They've failed to get involved for over 50 years, and the limited involvement they did, was detrimental.
  7. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

That is outside the realm of YF discussion. Simply the hope of those protesting and the main point of Judy's post is still just to bring awareness to boaters. You just don't want to get caught in the middle of it. So go north young man. lol.
  8. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

Thank you Judy, I was unaware of this effort. Despite the effectiveness or intent it is news that I want to know. I wish the flotilla a safe voyage.