Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for Perko Click for Mulder

searching for yacht registration info

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Steven David, Mar 31, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Steven David

Steven David New Member

Hi,
    looking for a site where I can find the owner name on a vessel registered in Bikini, Marshall Islands. Can anyone help with a website? I'm maybe buying his formner boat and wanted to get background info.
    Thank you.
  2. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

Most people here would be reluctant to help you find personal information on an owner I would think.

If you post the name of the vessel someone here might know the former owner and may be willing to pass your contact info along to them.
  3. AffrayedKnot

AffrayedKnot Senior Member

You may have a challenge developing the information you seek from a known registry. There is no magic button to push for this data to pop out.

However, you may contact IRI, who maintains registry for the Marshall Islands. They may be able to provide you with as much or as little a "good standing" status.

International Registries, Inc.
    Harbor Place, Suite 403
    1600 S.E. 17th Street Causeway
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33316-1717 USA
    Tel: +1-954-763-7775
    Fax: +1-954-763-7445

Or try the ships particular class society registry.

I suggest you might post the name and particulars of the vessel in question. One or some of the YF in-house mavens may enjoy a history with the craft.

Good Luck...
  4. Steven David

Steven David New Member

Thank you for the guidance, and I did indeed locate him.