Click for Nordhavn Click for Walker Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Northern Lights Click for Furuno

Search for used MAN 12V Engines

Discussion in 'Engines' started by BEKO, Feb 27, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. BEKO

BEKO New Member

Hi all,

I'm looking for a pair of used MAN Marine Engines 12V-1200HP (either rebuilt or in repairable condition) for repowering purposes. Do you have any idea where I can find them?

Thanks
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I might be wrong but I am fairly sure there was a poster here in the last 12 or so months who had a pair or these or maybe 1050 Hp ones for sale.

I have done a thread search and can't find anything and also done a Google but that was not very successful.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Hurricane lost boats could be a source of rebuildable ones.
  3. TSI AV

TSI AV Senior Member

4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Andrei- That is not the post I was thinking of, that's the same guy with the same request from last year.

The one I am thinking of was for a pair of low hour MAN's, I would go as far as to say I think they were in Texas somewhere. I wondered at the time why they were being sold off. Maybe it was somewhere else on the net that I saw them. I was looking for 6 used or reman 1600 kW Gensets last year so I was all over the place.

I searched with a different string and came up with these

http://www.dieselenginemotor.com/index.php?action=listing&type=view&id=372&show=1

http://www.dieselenginemotor.com/index.php?action=listing&type=view&id=1945&show=1

This guy also seems to have a few V 12's

http://www.hamofa.be/
  5. SharkyFHB

SharkyFHB Senior Member

6. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

That was it.

I had part of the info right.

They were MAN's and the poster was in Texas.
  7. There is a company here in Fort Lauderdale by the name of Gold Coast Power that sells used engines. They often have take outs from repower jobs. I have no connection to the company, but do know the owner has been in the marine diesel engine business for a very long time, his family owns one of the better known diesel repair shops in Fort lauderdale.
  8. golden_fox

golden_fox New Member

MAN Used engines

Hi BEKO,

www.santekbv.com guys are very helpful too (based in the Netherlands) but they are certainly asking for very high prices. I have been in touch with them since Oct/Nov of last year. They currently have a pair of MAN 1100hp LE2842. The Dutch guys are actually sourcing engines in the USA - they are getting them from the US and bringing them over to the Netherlands and re-exporting them - therefore a significant difference in price there itself. And with the current Euro crisis and you factor in the Dutch labour - boom!!!

I am also in touch with the guys at the Gold Coast Power (based in Florida) and they have been i must say extremely helpful and i have been discussing used in engines with them for a year now and I am finally closing a deal (just yesterday). check out www.goldcoastpower.com

i have got a lot of details on a number of used engines and if you would like you can drop me an email at: golden_fox@hotmail.com and i would happily pass on any info that i have. and you will most certainly find the guys at Gold Coast Power to be very helpful.

Gold Coast Power just last week sold off a pair of MAN 1200hp LE2842 406 pair - was really really nice - i just missed out as well as i was looking for a pair of this size. But they have just received a pair of the same hp MAN's. i'm not taking them as i've now chosen a larger pair. you should probably check it out.