Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Comfort Click for Westport Click for Abeking

Seadeck "foam" deck material added

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by 2lrep, Dec 11, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. 2lrep

2lrep New Member

Seadeck on bridge.jpg Seadeck in cockpit.jpg
    I thought you might enjoy the new addition to POWERTOOL, it's the Seadeck material you see on flats and bass boats. We decided to do the cockpit, bridge and steps in a traditional look.
    We love it, it changes the entire look of the boat and is wonderful to stand on as it's a 6mm "foam" material.
  2. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

That looks good.
    Thanks for posting the pictures.
    I'd love to hear from you in a year or so to see how it holds up for you.
    Do you do much fishing ?
    I don't see riggers in your avatar and so I suspect the answer is no.

I see the black seams are custom to the contour of the bridge deck.
    Did you do that or order the sea foam in that configuration ?
  3. 2lrep

2lrep New Member

Thanks for the feedback!
    I really don't fish her seriously, Seadeck have a 3 year warranty against fading and defects and claim that we can use any cleaners without affecting the material (we'll see). They came to the boat and measured everything then sent a layout to me for approval, the lines were on their layout.
  4. Hermen Ferraz

Hermen Ferraz Member

That looks, beautiful I need to redo my deck. Was thinking sea deck but i do equal amount of fishing, cruising, overnight etc. I just purchased a 46, not sure which post you have but if you have a 46 could you message me how much it run you, as after holidays I’m going to start looking?
  5. 2lrep

2lrep New Member

Thanks! I have a 95 46' with 6V92 @ 565hp, I live in Ohio but keep her in Ft. Myers. The cost was $4100 to do the cockpit, bridge and the steps on the tackle center and that included the installation. The Seadeck product has been used on chartered flats and open boats for years and get abused pretty hard, I'm optimistic that I won't come close to the wear and tear those boats get. Good Luck!
  6. Hermen Ferraz

Hermen Ferraz Member

We are similar same size, engines but different year mines a 88. I have mine in Miami, did you just go to sea deck website and they gave you a local distributors number?
  7. 2lrep

2lrep New Member

I went through the Ft. Myers Boat Show and the local dealer was there, although I'm sure Seadeck have an east coast guy. Here's the dealer I used and by the way they installed it within a couple days of my approving the layout.
    Gulf Coast Castaway Customs 9106 16th Ave Cir Nw Bradenton, FL 34209 [phone and e-mail deleted]
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2017
  8. Hermen Ferraz

Hermen Ferraz Member

Thank you, very much. Will look into it.
  9. ReelPlumber

ReelPlumber Member

I had my Viking done by Open Water Concepts out of Stuart Fl. They did an awesome job and we love it!

I didn't want all the white showing between the panels so I painted a flat black stripe on the deck before the seadek install. You can see a picture of it here.

http://www.yachtforums.com/threads/1993-viking-43-convertible.24828/page-2#post-248963
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  10. 2lrep

2lrep New Member

Looks great, I "forgot" to tell my wife that I was having it done, this was the one time she actually liked something I "forgot" to mention!
  11. Hermen Ferraz

Hermen Ferraz Member

I agree looks great!!! Thanks for info will give them a call
  12. ESSRTEE8

ESSRTEE8 Member

Its SEADEK.