Click for MotorCheck Click for Furuno Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service

Sea Bowld On The Miami River

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by discokachina, Aug 16, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Last week I noticed Sea Bowld leave Port Everglades and head South towards Miami Beach to the entrance to the Port of Miami. I found a picture of her having work done at Jones Boat Yard in Miami http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Jones+Boat+Yard+Inc,+Northwest+South+River+Drive,+Miami,+FL&hl=en&ll=25.798999,-80.250414&spn=0.000001,0.002059&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.683276,67.456055&vpsrc=6&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=25.798923,-80.250305&panoid=2iOIbAdH3C9-zQDBiZq-Mg&cbp=12,38.88,,0,-2.05 so I figured she might be there for maintenance. Today I rode up the Miami River and guess what I found?

Attached Files:

• MR1.JPG
      MR1.JPG
      File size:
      74.3 KB
      Views:
    • MR2.JPG
      MR2.JPG
      File size:
      67.3 KB
      Views:
    • MR3.JPG
      MR3.JPG
      File size:
      60.6 KB
      Views:
    • MR4.JPG
      MR4.JPG
      File size:
      55.5 KB
      Views:
    • MR5.JPG
      MR5.JPG
      File size:
      65.1 KB
      Views:
  2. discokachina

More Shots of Sea Bowld

Here are a few more shots. I am just amazed at the fit and finish of the hull, fittings, and stainless on this yacht. Awesome retractable anchor. We stopped and chatted with the Senior Engineer who was working at her stern who was very friendly and approachable. His positive attitude is certainly reflected in the first class appearance of Sea Bowld. He was surprised to hear she was not visible on Marinetraffic.com as he was not aware of any problems with their AIS. Very few vessels show up in the Port of Miami or Miami River unlike Fort Lauderdale. I wonder why:confused: They are getting her ready to be hauled out for bottom maintenance. I will try and return to take some shots of her hull. Sea Bowld is definately yacht number one on my Lottery list with Mystique running a close second!:D

Attached Files:

• MR7.JPG
      MR7.JPG
      File size:
      79.1 KB
      Views:
    • MR8.JPG
      MR8.JPG
      File size:
      65 KB
      Views:
    • MR10.JPG
      MR10.JPG
      File size:
      69 KB
      Views:
    • MR9.JPG
      MR9.JPG
      File size:
      63.9 KB
      Views:
  3. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

Go get a look at the merritt in the second photo in your second post and get back to us, you'll be very surprised to see what's hanging off the back!
  4. KnitWit

KnitWit New Member

the vessel looks to be Navy inspired
  5. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

She almost looks like she was repainted recently...well kept boat.
  6. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

7. discokachina

They Look Like Siblings

IMHO I completely agree, she looks quite a bit like Ronin from rear deck 2 tender storage, tender crain location, profile, angular details, use of stainless steel, high speed yacht design, extensive teak decking, life raft location, minimalist interior design, pilot house location and design, radar arch base, retractable anchors, spacious owner's suite on 3rd deck, large sundeck on fourth deck, to their all white superstructures. All great testiment to the theory that form follows function.

My only question is with Sea Bowld being such a fabulous yacht why has she not sold in almost 5 years after having her price reduced from 36M to 18M?
  8. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Maybe because I have no time for yachting...:)
  9. discokachina

I am not sure why Sea Bowld does not show on marinetraffic.com but I was able to find her on vesseltracler.com http://www.vesseltracker.com/de/Ships/Sea-Bowld-1008255.html which shows quite a bit of data for the Port of Miami. Looks like I will be using two vessel tracking programs now!:rolleyes:
  10. discokachina

Wow, now is your chance!

After another price drop to $9,395,000.00 how can someone in the market not pass up this opportunity to own one of the coolest yachts afloat?
  11. carelm

carelm Senior Member

Considering the original sale price was $36.9M I agree. However, I don't have the necessary $10M:D. Could it be the yacht was a bit too minimalist and performance-minded?
  12. carelm

carelm Senior Member

She's also not for sale while in US waters. This may be a limiting factor.
  13. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Giveaway...
  14. carelm

carelm Senior Member

Just curious, but what would the import duty be if one was so inclined to buy it? It was my impression 1.5% but I could be wrong. Something else might be an issue with it since the price has dropped so much.
  15. JWY

JWY Senior Member

US import duty is 1.5% of market value.
  16. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Is Market Value the same as the price it actually sells for or is it an imaginary figure worked out in Talahassee?

Isn't there some limit on the max Sales Tax in FL on yacht sales these days too?
  17. RER

RER Senior Member

Since it can't be sold in the USA ...it's a foreign flagged vessel (Cayman Islands) the sale would have to take place offshore and no sales tax would be due anywhere, including Florida.

On the unlikely chance the new owner would then put it into USCG documentaion and home ported in Florida the tax would be capped at $18K plus import duty to the feds.
  18. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Yes, Florida sales tax on yachts is limited to a maximum amount of $18,000.00. It's capped at $300k x 6%
  19. kkreicker1

kkreicker1 Senior Member

I don't see why an American would not flag his or her boat in FL. As long as the boat is under 500t.
  20. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Or even non-Floridians. I have a customer from Michigan and they started a Florida LLC just for the boat and flagged the boat in Florida.