Click for Abeking Click for JetForums Click for Westport Click for Delta Click for Ocean Alexander

Sabre Yachts

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by gr8trn, Jun 15, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

Good Day!
    Happy early Father's Day to all of the fathers!
    I am looking for information regarding the Sabre line of downeast-like express boats. I did drop an email and a VM to Sabre and have not had a reply...
    Rather than bother the dealer I thought I would ask on my favorite Yacht Forum.

I have some interest in the 38 & 42
    Pictures of Yachts - Sabre 38 salon express motor yacht photos - Sabre Yachts | Sabre Yachts
    Sabre 42 Salon Express motor yacht photos ? Sabre Yachts, Maine | Sabre Yachts

I am trying to ascertain the potential to hang/fit a RIB dink on the swim platform. I am talking about an 11', 8'6" beam, 40horse, close to 800lbs rigged and full fuel tank boat.

If anyone has any comments or experience with the potential of this swim platform I am all ears. Thanks.

Anything else you would like to comment on about the vessel is welcome as well.
  2. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Our Finance Director runs a 42 (does that tell you something) and he likes it much better than his previous large Ferretti.

As to tenders, the Sabre has a large swimplatform already fitted thus a set of Weaver folding clips may do.

Weaver Industries, Inc.: Weaver Marine Products
  3. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

Having a money person chose a certain vessel and liking it better than a larger MY does say something. It tells me that there is value in the boating lifestyle and in this case that the Sabre is still on the short list.
    I'll look into the Weaver Industries gear, thanks.
    G
  4. JWY

JWY Senior Member

There were topside paint issues on some models around 2003. I sold a 2003 MKII 36 that performed well, surveyed well, and the owners are happily cruising Florida/Bahamas. I was impressed with the general quality of construction and finish work.

Judy
  5. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

Thanks Judy, I had heard of some topside paint issues, glad to hear more good experiences with the build quality.
    G
  6. carelm

carelm Senior Member

Yachtworld has a 43' Sabre with a dinghy lift system. Here is a link to the boat. You may also want to contact a Sabre dealer to see if they have an aftermarket kit available. As I recall they offered the lift systems as an option.

View Boat Photos - **************
  7. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

Great link, that is a good representation of what I am looking into. I will contact the dealer as recommended to discuss more details.
    G
  8. sgawiser

sgawiser New Member

We have a 38 with IPS drives

By far the best boat we have ever had. The dealer here, South East Florida, is terrific as is their customer service.

If you need some information from the customer point of view, send me an email.

We are leaving for the Bahamas in a week or so, the third cruise aboard Proof this spring.

If you need significant technical information, contact Bentley Collins at Sabre.
  9. sgawiser

sgawiser New Member

Dingy

If you need to handle a heavy RIB with a large engine, most of the Sabre's we know about seem to like the Freedom Lift. We did not install one because of the expense.
  10. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback! I'll check out the freedom lift. Have a great summer since your spring seems to be going well:)
    G

ps just looked at the freedom lift website, I have bookmarked that one!