Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Cross Click for Mag Bay Click for Lurssen Click for Cheoy Lee

Rules for tender beaching...

Discussion in 'Tenders & Dinghies' started by azureazimut, Mar 3, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. azureazimut

azureazimut New Member

I was wondering where to find what the laws are for beaching a tender in NJ and Florida. In Florida I'm mainly concerned with Miami Beach. Are there areas where you can bring a gas tender to the beach in either of these places? If not, are the rules different for an electric motor? I'm assuming you can beach a non-powered tender anywhere in these areas, but I'm pretty ignorant on the issue.

Can someone point me in the right direction to find information?
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

not sure about NJ.

in Florida, rules may vary by county or city but most beaches have exclusion zones that apply to any boat propelled by "machinery" (that includes electric motors). a few years ago, on calm days, I used to anchor off Crandon beach (Key Biscayne) just off the exclusion zone and row in a small inflatable.

if there is no marking, i guess you can at least claim you didnt' know :)

the Fish and Wildlife Commission is the primary regulatory agency in florida
    http://myfwc.com/boating/
  3. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

As far as I know you cannot land any vessel with a motor or mechanical propulsion anywhere on Miami Beach or Ft. Lauderdale beach with the exception of a few very narrow areas that waverunner concessions have. People launch manually powered things such as kayaks from the beach and it is not a problem most anywhere.