Click for Mulder Click for Walker Click for Cross Click for Ocean Alexander Click for YF Listing Service

| Royal Denship| 78.6M | "Pegasus VIII"/"Princess Mariana"| 2003/2020 |

Discussion in 'Royal Denship Yacht' started by techmati, Jul 29, 2005.

1. AlfredZ

AlfredZ Senior Member

Hey all!
    It is still with the same owner, the price tag is around Euro 98,000,000 (Hope I got all the zeros!)
    Charter tag varies between seasons and location between US$ 600,000 and US$ 850,000 exclusive of fuel! (Well, fuel is the only reason I am not chartering it! :rolleyes: )
    I love this boat!
    Cheers.
  2. bigboatbill

bigboatbill Senior Member

Above we find a direct quote of ownership of a yacht and the post stands while some less direct posts that direct enthusiasts to respected builders websites that share owner sanctioned interviews are deleted. I enjoy this forum and respect the rules, but do not understand the inconsistancy in some moderation. Just a thought.
  3. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

It was 5 years ago, and public information.

Having said that, you do have a point. I believe the rules have changed in that time though.
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Take a look at No 54 on the list the link leads to.

This is about as public as it gets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_yachts_by_length
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

It is pretty simple, we donĀ“t discuss owners, just yachts. But sometimes the owners are so well known and connected with their yachts through other media that all readers already knows about it.

The point is, we shall not reveal any information that can have an effect on the privacy or security for the yacht owners.
  6. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

In recent photos, I 've seen that "Princess Mariana" is carrying around a different heli on her pad. Either it's the same one that is painted over or it's a new one!
  7. kughi_s

kughi_s New Member

the tenders are Monte Carlo 32, a model that was entirely designed by Nuvolari Lenard for Offshorer Marine. It was the last revision of the legendary 30' model. All the 32' were build by Cantieri di Sarnico and are difficult to find - their owners love them.
  8. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Maybe, but the tender in the picture is an Offshorer 30, the model I prefer....

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/14565-post6.html
  9. Yacht News

"Princess Mariana" has been renamed "Pegasus V".
  10. Yacht News

11. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

12. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

They go somewhere to get it lifted on or off.

I saw it in La Ciotat about a month ago taking it off, she was docked for a couple of hours max and was gone again
  13. Yacht News

What I do see, is that she is bleeding quite a bit from her midships boarding ladder.
  14. Yacht News

Normally in calmer waters and with small distances to sail they would have probably towed it behind them but they obviously could not do that for an Atlantic crossing unless they wanted it sunk. I guess Mariana's heli was not included in the sale as I do not see it on "Pegasus V"?
  15. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

You are correct in that thought.

The Kerosine Budgie driver who took the last one off PM is now flying on another yacht with a Chopper.

There were rust bleeds all over the place when I saw PV in LC. It actually looked like it need a paintjob.
  16. Telemachus

Telemachus Senior Member

Naive Question #456: What is that rifle-sight-looking thing projecting vertically from the forepeak? Why do only some yachts have them? It looks to be 8-10 meters tall.
  17. AlfredZ

AlfredZ Senior Member

Boats above 50m should have a fore mast light so it would be identified by the lights while underway at night and other boats will be advised of a long vessel.
  18. Telemachus

Telemachus Senior Member

Is this a suggestion or is it some kind of build code? I don't think I've seen a Trinity, Westport or some others with this mast. Is there a regulation height or ratio?

Thank you for answering my question, BTW.
  19. AlfredZ

AlfredZ Senior Member

No problem at all.

The regulation is above 50m so 165ft. and above, you can see it on Westport 164's above the hard top, because it should be in front of the main mast, you can also see it on Trinity's Ulysses.
  20. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

As said, above 50 m you must have it, even if any boat can have it. The reason you can not always see this mast is that in daylight it may not be raised.