Click for Walker Click for Burger Click for Delta Click for Westport Click for Cross

Robertson auto pilot

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Tom H, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Tom H

Tom H New Member

Are these reliable unit and who supports these items in the Fort Laudadale area
  2. Henning

Henning Senior Member

Robertson/Simrad Autopilots are about as reliable as they get. Most of the electronics shops support them, I use Electronics Unlimited in Ft Lauderdale for most of my electronics support.
  3. Tom H

Tom H New Member

Thanks mate. You've obviously crossed the Pacific before? If so if you don't mind email me you contact and I'll give you a call. Thanks Tom
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

indeed, very good units. I had an issue with a junction box a few months ago, (blew its fuse), pulled it off and brought it to Commercial Electronics in FTL.
  5. Henning

Henning Senior Member

Couldn't email, sent you a PM, and yes, multiple times.
  6. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

My brother's ketch had one and it's done 3 transatlantics now, so yes they work just fine.
  7. Manny

Manny Senior Member

My Robertson AP is one of the few things that has remained on my boat since new(about 23 years). Reliability at its best.
  8. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I have been on a number of vesels with Robertson AP's. The only problems I can recall off the top of my head was the Robertson SKR 82 Gyro Compass that one install used. It was an unreliable nightmare to out it mildly.

We were told they were used in UK Battle Tanks and submarines, somehow in our hi speed yacht application we kept having jewel failures supposedly from the slamming of the boat, being long thin and sort of cigar shaped it didn't really slam even when it had been airborne.

Personally I haven't seen a new one for a while having recently been using Anschütz Gear as part of integrated bridge systems.