Click for Northern Lights Click for Glendinning Click for JetForums Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Westport

Robberies in Valencia Spain

Discussion in 'Yacht Crews' started by GrahamF, Feb 20, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. GrahamF

GrahamF Senior Member

Hi all

Here in Valencia there has been a few robberies at Real Club Nautico, Valencia Yacht Base and the Americas cup marina. It started last year with SY Adex had crew bicycles stolen in daylight, the sail yacht next door was broken into while the crew was sleeping in the early hours of the morning. The Capt ran after the young guys. They have some video surveillance of the thieves.

Valencia Yacht base which is situated in Real Club Nautico but run by another company had 3 break-ins in one night. The boat i was on was also broken into while i was in Palma. It happend on either Tuesday or wednesday last week. I only found out due to strange calls i was receiving from Algeria and landline calls from Valencia. I have a duel sim card with one number. Due to all the strange calls i called my provider and they informed me that my duel sim card had been used to call Algeria, France, Switzerland and several other countries. I called a friend to please check on the boat for me and then found out that i the boat was broken into. I flew back immediately just to be told i cannot get onto the boat until the police has came. I was informed they will only come on monday at 09:00 by 9:30 nothing and i went to the National police to report the robbery. I am still waiting for them to come to the boat. Here they have only one security guard to look after about 150-200 boats. No video surveillance. What is so funny about all of this it happened about 300 meters from the Gaurdia Civil Marine office. The Capt. of one of the yachts went to report it at the office and he was asked why does he want to report it with them, and they asked the Capt. what they as the Guardia Civil must must do about it.

In the Americas Cup Marina i was told that there was a robbery on a 96 meter on New Years eve. From what i understand the boat left after the incident due to the lack of security. The T-dock is not big and generally the security is good as the main gates are closed and there is alway security at the entrance controlling people coming in.