Click for Delta Click for Perko Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mag Bay Click for Northern Lights

Restoring a wooden 1968 Motor Yacht

Discussion in 'Unique, Custom or New Yachts' started by malkoff, Jun 26, 2007.

1. malkoff

malkoff New Member

Hi... my friends think I went over to the dark side (have sailed for 40 years), but now own a 1968 Hunter Motor Yacht - 45 feet long. It is musty, and has seen limited use, so portlights and hatches have been closed most of one year. Is there a good/ easy/other way to air out the boat and get rid of the heavy odors... not quite mildew, but perhaps close???

I am also interested in anyone who knows about Hunter Motor Yachts, and the Hunter Corporation in the 1960's -- back when Hunter was a power boat company, and not today's Sailboat giant.

Thanks...
  2. newbee

newbee New Member

Would love to see a pic if you can post one someday.

Not sure if you've already posted over at www.woodenboatvb.com but you may find more wood boat enthusiasts over there.

Good luck with your project.
  3. malkoff

malkoff New Member

We will be taking the boat to the yard for topside paitning... I haven't even got any photos yet, but will respond with them...offline would be more appropriate, if this is like other lists, when we move her. Send me an offline address and in a few weeks, I should have some pix.

BTW, thanks for the link to the wooden boat forum... I think i'll try that as well!!

Mel