Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Perko Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport

Restoration of our 74 Hatteras

Discussion in 'Hatteras Yacht' started by CaptainERW, Jun 30, 2015.

1. CaptainERW

CaptainERW New Member

The wife and I recently purchased a 1974 Hatteras 38' Double Cabin (bridge) and plan to restore it as a live aboard. Unfortunately the boat was held by a local marina on a mechanics lien and any and all manuals, wiring schematics apparently were removed from the boat.

Can anyone assist or advise of a possible source for wiring schematics, manuals, etc?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
  2. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

Contact Hatteras and they can send you a new manual complete...
  3. CaptainERW

CaptainERW New Member

dennismc

Thank you very much for your assistance.
    I cotacted Hatteras this morning and have the manual and schematics on the way.

CaptainERW
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Yep, Hatteras is probably th only builder you can still call and get manuals or blueprints for 40 year old boats!
  5. CaptainERW

CaptainERW New Member

It's an oldie, but a goodie, every Hatteras option available at that time can be found on the boat (even the aft hard top, on board extinguishing sustems, Judson's on both stations, vapor sniffers, etc, etc)----down side is gasoline engines (twin CC 427 Ford Sideoiler engines), have a couple Nostalgia Drag Racers chomping at the bit for these engines.

Looking hard at DDAs with Allison drives, just trying to decide if I want to take on such a major project of repowering or leave the old 427s in their holes and use the boat as it is. The old Fords certainly play a wonderful tune, but I can see new manifolds and risers in my future, as the years are starting to take a toll.