Click for Nordhavn Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Glendinning Click for Abeking Click for Westport

resource for finding dock space?

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by richie hunt, Apr 26, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richie hunt

richie hunt Guest

what do you use to find dock space? websites, etc? mainly looking in south FL and have only used Craigslist. thanks for any input. looking for longer term rentals
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

There are a nunber of services including dock finders. Google will return a number of sites and services
  3. richie hunt

richie hunt Guest

I know, I'm wondering which ones are good and kept up to date. i'm looking for specifics, not generalities.
  4. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

They all have issues staying current. You have to work a bit at this if you really want a space. Typically you'll make many calls before one pans out as being available and fitting your needs. You've said nothing at all about size or type of boat or frequency or type of use. Also what areas would and would not fit your needs. Pascal's advice was good. I assume you don't want to use a marina, probably because of cost or what?

docksearch.com
    pickaslip.com
    floridagofishing.com
    snagaslip.com
    sailmiami.com
    thedockage.com
    boatslipsforsalemiami.com
    dockfinders.com
    dockskipper.com

You want specifics but provided none.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  5. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Well, dock finders is specific... two years ago i called them looking for a 70' slip and they came thru right away...

If you want specific, maybe your post should be specific... "longer term" is pretty vague and so is "mainly SoFl"... mainly???
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

What size boat and where in south Florida? What power do you need? Draft?I know of a few docks available in pompano beach
  7. JWY

JWY Senior Member

I used Dockfinders intermittently for several years but recently had 3 bad experiences. Dockfinders favors the dock owner and I was 3 for 3 with bad docks and/or owners. Dockfinders is on my boycott list.
  8. richie hunt

richie hunt Guest

seems I ruffled feathers, sorry. What I'm looking for is trying to find out what resources people use to find docks. I am just shifting into the business of renting slips and researching what are the best sources to advertise in. I'm not looking for general information, but very specific websites, etc that people use to find slips. obviously, those are the sources i want to make sure i'm advertising in. Old boater gave me the kind of info i'm looking for, and any other suggestions of websites, etc that any have used successfully would be appreciated.
  9. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

And this would be exactly WHY OlderBoater and Pascal requested 'specifics', as they were reading between the lines. Our guidelines are clear on using our media to conduct surveys, but you were skirting around it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.