Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for Walker Click for Burger

Replacing seat & cushion foam in Cabo

Discussion in 'Cabo Yacht' started by CSkipR, Apr 3, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

The black foam in my cushions keeps rubbing against the mesh bottom and little black stuff keeps coming off. The foam actually seems okay but this black stuff always makes a mess. Was thinking about replacing the foam and was wondering what the recommendation were for a good foam or someway to keep the old foam from making this mess?
  2. m2m

m2m Senior Member

I have seen this on some older Cabos. I think that the foam you are reefering to is just a thin layer 1/4" or so that sits between the main cushion and the mesh you are talking about. Any good cushion and canvas shop should be able to repair this relatively cheap. Just as a heads up I had to replace the bolster cushions on a Cabo and found that it was cheaper to get the the pre-sewn outer material from Cabo and have a local company install it them on the backing boards
  3. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

Foam Cushion

Thanks for the input. Actually they don't have a thin layer attached its all one solid sheet. I think I'm going to wrap the foam in plastic and see how that works. Great info on the bolsters as I will have to order them in a year or so. Do you have or run a Cabo?
  4. m2m

m2m Senior Member

No but I have commissioned and maintained several of them over the years