Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums Click for MotorCheck Click for Ocean Alexander

removing a washer & dryer

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by jterry, Jul 28, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. jterry

jterry New Member

Has any one ever removed a washer dryer from a 1988 45 Viking with a C floor plan. If you have how did you get them out?
  2. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

Drive up the road to Marlow's place and ask for George Dragon. There is not much George hasn't done on a boat. If he doesn't know off hand, I'll bet he can figure it out right quick.
  3. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

jterry:

No, I have never replaced a washer/dryer from a 45 Vik, but I have listed and sold a few of these, particularly the Plan C, which seems to be the more popular model, and paid attention to details like this.
    You might have to remove the doors--and should so you don't prang the joinery as you wrestle the bear. Pull it straight out, then angle it around/over the dinette table, up past the galley and out the salon door.
    Viking did NOT install the washer dryer and then build the rest of the boat around it--nobody's that good.
  4. Mark I

Mark I Member

It is also likely that you will need to remove the stop for the cockpit door as well as the molding opposite the door.
  5. yotphix

yotphix New Member

I hate to state the obvious but you asked only about removing. Most washers and dryers easily come apart into five panels plus a drum and then slip out the smallest passages. I don't know the boat but I did that recently then found a more compact pair that came in without disassembly. When I was taking the old units apart I found pretty clear evidence that they had come in the same way.
  6. jterry

jterry New Member

removing a washer & dryer from a 45c viking

thanks for the advice I used a metal cutting saw and cut them up.
    jterry