Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport Click for Furuno Click for Perko

registration requirements in Holland

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by aditzuku, Jul 21, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. aditzuku

aditzuku New Member

Hello everybody!
    I have a request concerning registration rules and also law applicable for boats up to 10m .
    Recently my father –in-law and myself, went to Holland to buy a boat. (We are from Romania). After searching for a few days, we found a boat (Bayliner 2655 Ciera Sunbridge – year of 1994). We got the invoice for the boat from the dealer clearly stating the price and VAT included, and that was all. When asking about any other documents the boat might have, we were told that there is nothing left and it should be fine. But surprise surprise, once in Romania, the Authority in charge with boat registration requested a compliance certificate or a radiation certificate (a document attesting that the boat was properly removed from the Dutch Registration Office). When confronting the boat dealer with these requests, I was told that Holland do not require boat owners (pleasure boats) to have their boats registered and moreover considering the year of the boat (1994) there weren’t any compliance certificate nor registrations needed. I am in a dilemma now, because we cannot use the boat without a registration certificate (compulsory in Romania for boats over 7m) and to be able to get this certificate I need to bring a proof of what I was mentioning above. Can someone please give some advice in this matter? It will be fully appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Adrian