Click for Perko Click for JetForums Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Furuno

Re-caulking help

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Seasmaster, Feb 14, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Seasmaster

Seasmaster Senior Member

Will someone please recommend a FANTASTIC caulking person? All my caulk lines are toast. If I try and do the job myself it's gonna look like Freddy Kruger did it.

Seriously. I'm looking for the "artist-of-caulk" to do the whole vessel; windows, deck-to-hull, and around the deckhouse. And knows what the best product is. [GE/Dow/Lifeseal/BOSTIC]

I've got weathered caulking topside, where wheelhouse sides meet deck (black lines in picture). Both are gel coated surfaces. Also the caulking around wheelhouse windows. I'd like to use white around the wheelhouse (provided it's UV resistant. If not, I'd go black.) The windows are ok in black.

Member Bamboo had a DONZI with new caulking. I'm wondering where that was done.
    My boat is in Cocoa FL, but goes south to Fort Lauderdale regularly.

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I really like Lifeseal for caulking things (not lifecaulk!). It's easy to work with and on and on. Sykaflex is very popular for around the windows. I'm very good at caulking but pretty busy all of the time, I might be able to point you to someone that's very good with Caulk if not, in the Fort Lauderdale area. When are you planning on coming down and for how long?
  3. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

That's a sharp looking boat you have . What is it?
  4. JWY

JWY Senior Member

Elling 49. Great boat! Super owner!
  5. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

Thanks for the education , never heard of them . Very nice boat. Took a look on YW.