Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Northern Lights

RCL-100D ACR spotlight

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by CSkipR, Feb 1, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

My RCL100d spotlight will not go up and down although it does go around (left/right 360 degrees). Checked the elevation motor and it works good so now I'm down to either its the Master Controller or the Point Pad. Prefer not to gamble on buying the MC and then its the Point Pad. Anyone know how to confirm which one it might be MC or PP? Thx
  2. jerryd

jerryd Member

I just bought both together. Didn't want to find out I was wrong. Search internet for pricing you'll be surprised at pricing.
  3. Trak

Trak Member

Inside the searchlight there is a slip ring and carbon brushes. On mine, they were dirty and corroded. I cleaned them and it worked fine.

You can first test by putting a voltmeter on the elevation wires after the master controller and before the slip ring.
  4. Trak

Trak Member

5. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

Thanks when I removed the light from the mount I checked the ring and it looks good as well as the brushes. I put a small 12v battery on the two smaller contacts which made the elevator motor move up/down. Now to determine if power is coming out of the MC. Looking at it under the helm a bunch of wires are tyrapped together and I cannot tell if they are spliced or if they run all the way up to the light on top of flybridge. Now I will measure the voltage at the ring to see if its coming out of the master controller. Thx
  6. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

After cleaning the slip ring and brushes again yesterday I checked the power at the slip ring for the elevator motor and it worked. Replaced the light and everything is good. Returned the MC control and back in business. Thanks