Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for Nordhavn Click for Mag Bay Click for Walker

Raymarine Chartplotter Cartography Issue

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by gl2238, Dec 3, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. gl2238

gl2238 New Member

System is Raymarine RL70C and L755 Chartplotter. RL70C is primary display. When using the C-Map Super Lakes flash [inserted into L755], only ranges 1.5 Miles and lower display detail cartography. At higher ranges, the chartplotter SW uses the internal world map so there is no detail lake data. Raymarine is at a loss as well as the Jeppesen (C-Map) folks. RL70C SW is V 1.07. All ranges worked perfectly when the boat was in Florida (Gulf) and CA. Note: The Plotter ON/OFF attribute has already been tried with no success. Help Help. Flash has already been replaced.
  2. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

Mine is that way too. Always thought that was correct.
  3. gl2238

gl2238 New Member

System is not working right. I have seen, on other boats in the Marina, the same flash in other manufs products. All ranges work. When on Lake Mead, a detail range of at least 10 miles to ascertain exactly where you are on the lake, is required.

I finally went out and got a Garmin mono small display unit to pin point where I am and use the RL-70C for the local detail (1.5 mile range).

One warning, however, for the C-Map Super Lakes flash. Its latest date is 2007. The lake has dropped 100 feet since then and many of the inlets and shore detail is mis-represented as well as now visible in lake obstructions.
  4. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

Is the 70c not the primary viewer and the 755 the remote ? I have the 80c model with the 760 remote and insert the chips in the 80 c unit.
  5. gl2238

gl2238 New Member

70C/L755 Cartography Limitation

The 70C is the primary viewer, the radar is attached to this unit. The L755 contains the C-map flashe memories. When viewed on the L755 display, the same max range restriction of 1.5 miles is the same as when viewed on the primary 70C display. I just get the run-around from RayMarine.
  6. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

I had to phone them also about an issue, the tech knew there was a fix but could not remember where to find it.....I finally found the answer in the manual!!!
  7. gl2238

gl2238 New Member

Plotter Mode On/Off menu selector

They kept telling me about the Plotter On/Off selector which I found in the manual. I tried both on and off and made sure I synchronized both displays so Plotter mode was either on or off on both. Only thing that was impacted was that below 1.5 miles I had no cartography. I forgot which position that was in.

What did you find in the manual that will fix the problem? other than what I found in the manual noted above?
  8. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

My issues was different, I had to have the 760 on or would not read depth data on the 80c, the 760 was set as master instead of the 80 c.
  9. gl2238

gl2238 New Member

From what I can ascertain from the manuals. With the high speed interbus (HSB) either display can control the functions of the other. Obviously the radar dome must input to the 70C and the transducer to the L755 but other than input functions, either display can display all functions.

Why the cartography works for when I had the boat In Channel Islands, Oxnard, CA and for when I had the boat in Cape Coral, Fla, all ranges worked with the respective C-Map flashes, I will never know.
  10. CR CRUISER

CR CRUISER Member

If my memory serves me correctly, I think that I ran into this issue a few years ago. Have you tried zooming out to even higher ranges? I think that there were some conflicts between some C-Map chips and the readers at certain zoom ranges. That left gaps where the plotter would not recognize that there was a chart available and would revert to the world map. Once you had zoomed to a higher or lower range than where the gaps were, the reader would again pick up the chart detail.

It's something to try.
  11. gl2238

gl2238 New Member

No luck on any range higher than 1.5 miles on both C70 and L755.