Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Perko Click for Westport Click for Burger

Question for you Yacht watchers...

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by NEO56, Oct 2, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. NEO56

NEO56 Member

I know that YF is the place to get an answer. I have seen this ad before, but in this month's issue of Power and Motoryacht (October) on Pg. 63 is an ad for Furuno with a photo of THE most beautiful bridge I've ever seen! Please tell my what boat she's on? I thought about calling Furuno, but that would be an effort in futility.
  2. NEO56

NEO56 Member

Well, due to the overwhelming response I got here, I called Furuno yesterday to find the answer, and the nice people called me back and told me they didn't know, they just bought the rights to the photo from Neil R. I tried calling, left a message, but never got a call back. Was too busy today to call...but I'll track him down and find out.
  3. franzmerenda

franzmerenda Senior Member

Would you be so kind to scan the page and upload just the part showing the boat, not the ad?
    For most of the European members, PMY is even unknown.
  4. NEO56

NEO56 Member

The ad is just a photo of the bridge, I found it and sent the link to the Administrator just to make sure I wasn't impending on any copy right laws. If I get the nod, I'll post the link here.
  5. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

6. SFS

SFS Senior Member

I was going to respond to the post about this being Lady Kathryn V, but I see it has been removed. Based another picture of LKV's bridge, this ad picture is not her. The wood tones and finishes are not right, and LKV has an equipment bank at the headrail over the forward facing bridge windows.
  7. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Plus, LKV has a plow on the bow and leaves asphalt in her wake. ;)
  8. NEO56

NEO56 Member

LOL, I know, getting though to a warm body there is like trying to talk to somebody at Microsoft corporate! I just called Furuno in WA. and asked to speak to somebody in advertising. Well, I'm going to try and call Neil again today, see if I can catch him in the office. Update...I just got off the phone with Neil, he asked me to send him a link for the photo (which I did) and told me he'd have an answer in a couple of hours. Stay tuned.
  9. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Tic. Toc.

Been 5 hours.

Appears Neil could use a new watch. :D
  10. SFS

SFS Senior Member

It's all in the advertising...;)
  11. NEO56

NEO56 Member

Well I guess Neil's ship has sailed for the weekend...not to worry, I'll be all over him like a cheap suit come Monday morning. I've been getting my computer fixed all afternoon...just got home and booted her up.
    catto likes this.
  12. NEO56

NEO56 Member

I apologize, my first meeting was at 8 AM, which was 6 on the left coast...and I just walked in the door 15 minutes ago. Neil is my first call, well, his first call I'm two hours ahead of him.
  13. stidd_rw

stidd_rw New Member

That happens to be the bridge of Attessa IV.

Knowing Neil, he's high above the Puget Sound hanging precariously out of a Helo!!

~Rich
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  14. NEO56

NEO56 Member

Thank you Rich! I tried calling Neil this morning and no answer, so I sent him another email and got this reply ....."Yes, it is a friend's private yacht and I do not want to disclose .... What is your interest?"
    I have seen that ad several times over the last couple of years..Now I need to go check out Attessa IV and see if the rest of her is as pretty as the Bridge! Thanks again Rich, and welcome to YF!
  15. stidd_rw

stidd_rw New Member

That's why we love Neil, the consummate professional!!!

Oh, and his pictures are pretty good too!!! :)