Click for Furuno Click for Perko Click for JetForums Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning

Question about storing a spare anchor

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by luvtocruise, Feb 17, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. luvtocruise

luvtocruise Member

My current anchor is a 30kg Bruce — I bought a new Mantus 105Lb and assembled it last night. It was suggested I keep the other as a back-up. My pulpit only has space for one and as such, I need to come up with a place or way to store this other anchor. I have looked online and cannot find (other than a homemade one) an anchor chock for a Bruce style anchor. Any suggestions on what the best course would be here? Where would you store it and how?
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Anchor locker or lazarette if you have space. Not a big fan of storing anchors on deck, always a toe or shin bruiser
  3. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

I store my spare anchor in the lazarette. I put down a rubber mat and secured the anchor on top of it. Been there nearly 10 years now with no issues.
  4. ranger58sb

ranger58sb Senior member

Lazarette. (Or anchor locker, if I had one.)

If you're not completely in love with your Bruce for whatever reason, there are several other anchors that might store more easily due to their multi-piece construction: Fortress, Spade, the aluminum Excel, I think at least one Mantus or Manson (can't remember), etc.

-Chris