Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for Delta Click for Westport

| Lurssen | 110M | "RADIANT" ex. Project Darius | 2009 |

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by Yacht News, Apr 19, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. brunick

brunick Senior Member

they got a big mold where they just cast in the metal and the yacht is ready in 2 month :D
  2. bigboatbill

bigboatbill Senior Member

Cool! I will place my order and meet you in Monaco in early August! I will be easy to find, just look for a 377 footer named "Billorus"!:D
  3. Last news of her is to be at shipyard JadeDock in Wilhemshaven. .. ...
  4. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Let me explain something to you MKM. Websites, especially those of this type (forums, web-based magazines) all are competing for traffic and hits and such like. We work hard to generate this kind of traffic and it is only like to say you would shoot yourself in the foot, when one would repeatedly post links or mention the name of competing jurisdictions. Doing this, only sends the hard earned traffic in another direction. This is why the rules are as stringent as they are.

I am sure you do not buy an expensive sports car and then leave the lock or door opened or the alarm off or the key in the ingnition for someone to pass and drive off with your ride. I hope that analogy works in helping you understand.
  5. Ok I won't post news anymore from those sites. Anyway i didn't knew the Charter site was competitor this one, seemed for me not cause there has no forum at all. Anyway, it was taken already back away.

No i will never would buy an expensive sports car, because i don't like those cars, and if i do i am crazy in a point already to leave the door open for anyone to take it away. At least could have been a great business having insurance money back and buying a right car.

Can you please then delete those posts from today? Seems better.
  6. Yacht News

It seems that the previous 'owner' of the "Darius" Project has been ordered to pay the brokerage company for outstanding payments. I won't go deeply at all into what apparently transpired but the brokerage company won the court deal. Of course we all know, I would think, that Darius was sold by the particular brokerage companay and is now owned by an Arab Emirates family. The said yacht is now called "Radiant", the second hull in that 110-meter series from Lurssen.
  7. Justus

Justus Guest

are you shure that is really a serie
    if it's so it would be very interesting
    but i am not shure...
  8. Yacht News

Well I called it a series. I am not sure if there is another 110 in their portfolio but they are 2 yachts so it is enough to make a series. More than one can be a series, all be it a small series :)
  9. Justus

Justus Guest

Ah okay
    then it is a serie :)
  10. As I wrote somewhere and don't remember anymore, but seeing personally at side of 3.RADIANT 2010, she is the cheapest among all 3 in same project start 1.PELORUS 2003 115m, the 2nd DILBAR 2008, also a cost simplification, all same Hull (but in #2 & #3 reduced 5m in length, 110m) & Superstructure with different modifications, but the base of project from this company it was all the most the same, so for me a Custom Series of 3. This is the third of them, maybe comes more, who knows... 1,2,3 are my preference design sequence also.
  11. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I would check my facts if I were you.

Radiant (Darius) was the last of the 3 and far from the cheapest in actual costs.
  12. I mean 'cheapest', because many systems at stern, folded Marina, complicated ramps and stairs were simplified, in terms of Product Design, that had in the first project, but I don't know if Pelorus costed much less than the last to be produced. Of course Money of 2010 is not 2003 Stand ... Inflation in euros, higher supllier costs...
  13. Yacht News

I figure MKM means cheapest to mean...less sophisticated than the stern workings of "Pelorus" and not cheapest as in build cost. But I still can't figure how you could put "Radiant" and "Dilbar" in the same bracket as Pelorus. I mean sure they all have similar design elements but they are all different enough.
  14. ^Ron, right, I meant that, sorry the bad 'engrish', once remembered.
    Compare the side photos, i can't show, because not allowed, in web has many, you will see that Dilbar and Radiant are pretty 'with so many equal elements of puzzle' other than Dilbar top seems with Satdome and rounded aspect design more Pelouring.... :D and color, windows forms are nicier as well. Sincerely, I expected more from Producer of hull, i saw many grey not well painted areas in hull, i was really disappointed with quality for hundred millions..., I'm not expert.
  15. Natuzzi

Natuzzi Member

radiant.jpg

Hello everyone, my first post here:D
    Thumbs up on excellent forum

Radiant spotted in Geneva in late September 2010
  16. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Welcome to YF.

Are you sure it is in Geneva and not Genoa?
  17. Natuzzi

Natuzzi Member

Pardon, my mistake:(
  18. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Noor I hate this "Request is unavaible" sometimes I can not see the photos ad I have to search for the photos on my own, any suggestions why? Nice photo tough.
    By the way I think the thread could be renamed could it not? I think people find Radiant's thread better when they see her real name and not her project name...
  19. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Right, I have added Radiant to the headline. About this problem with Marinetraffic, I always have to go back and click on the link a second time to see the picture...