Click for Glendinning Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Westport

Princess 75

Discussion in 'Princess Yacht' started by Bamboo, Jan 21, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

I just had a tour of a 2018 75 at the Princess VIP show. Quite nice! I was impressed. Very well laid out salon, nice helm with the seating on the port side allowed a good forward view. As a captain the crew area was excellent :)
  2. Sea Gull

Sea Gull Member

We were there too! Beautiful boat with superb fit and finish. The performance specs are impressive, but I wish she had CATs in place on MANs. The only other thing I’d like to see is whether she could support an enclosed bridge - more like the similarly sized Viking.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I was there as well from 3-3:30 meeting an owner of one of the yachts I run (princess) and also one of the large dealers.......they went for a seatrial as the owner never rode on his boat yet. I ended up going up on Sunday and taking them to lunch as well.

Hatteras is also having a big event in Palm Beach this coming weekend.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  4. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

How did she perform - speeds & rpm?
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Specs on the 75' are 34-35 knots WOT, so cruise would be 30 knots.....that's moving on a big 75' MY. The smaller ones not so fast.....the 2018 62' I've been playing with cruises at 23-24 knots......has the new 1000hp C12.9 cats......the lack of displacement and torque in a medium sea state is very apparent compared to the C18's they replaced in that HP range. The C12.9's however do extremely well in a light/smaller/fast boat with their lighter weight.
  6. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

I believe they have a CAT option in the ~1700HP range.
  7. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

I'm sure an "EZ2CY" type enclosure could be put up on the second deck or a standard "eisenglass"; and adding A/C + heating wouldn't be an issue. My current boat has 1400hp MANs and I've had no major issues so far closing in on 300 hours.
  8. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Man's are good........their only issues really are electrical.....mostly senders.....first to go will be the coolant pressure senders (and the **** little things are like $500 each), a few other senders like to go.......
  9. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

We've owned 3 boats with MAN's and no complaints on any of them.

Enclosing and heating and cooling the bridge isn't as easy as you'd think. Another European boat that doesn't think you'd ever want to so you have some real design issues. We did it on a Sunseeker and it was very costly.
  10. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Those senders are mostly from DanFoss. Sometimes (SOME TIMES) the original part number are still on them.
    I got lucky once and it crossed to a Nason sender, in my inventory.
  11. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

The performance and range figures are very good but how is the build quality and ride? From what I have read throughout the forum in years past, it seems to be a step below Sunseeker.
  12. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

It is, but the ride is better than a lot of others.