Click for Westport Click for Mag Bay Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service

Port - Starboard Shore Power Switch

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by Bearzgirl, Jul 19, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Bearzgirl

Bearzgirl New Member

Hi,
    I recently purchased a '88 48' Viking Convertible with (1) Stb side 60A / 240V, (1) Port side 60A / 240V plug & (1) 30A /120V conn on the stb side, my question is, is there a switch to go from port to stb side power and vice versa? If so where would the switch be? I have a selector switch under the gunnel for the 30A /120V or 60A / 240 option but cannot find the Port / stb 240V selector switch. The reason I ask is I typically use the stb side power conn and just recently tried the port side and there was no power to the system, I definitely have the power from the dock and the port plug is definitely wired up so there must be switch someplace that I cant located, any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Usually whenever the shore power inlet is more than 8' from the main breakers on the electrical panel you will also have a circuit breaker close to the shore power inlets. They can be mounted jsut inside of the inlet RO they can be integrated in a shore power cover next to th inlet
  3. Bearzgirl

Bearzgirl New Member

Thanks Pascal,
    I'll take another look behind the mounting plate and see if I missed it. I didn't see a separate breaker on the main panel unless its labeled as a spare and never got ID'd properly