Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Walker Click for Furuno

Palladino Yacht Design 85 meter

Discussion in 'Yacht Designers Discussion' started by YachtForums, Nov 18, 2004.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

The design philosophy was to create a yacht with world class amenities and wrap it in a package that would stand out above all others. Three basic parameters were set for the overall design. (1) Preserve the elegance of the sleek exterior lines. (2) Incorporate every amenity yacht of this size deserves. (3) Do so in a manner that always creates a feeling of spaciousness.

Deck Layouts with Brief description (Starting forward moving aft)

Deck 6 - Offers a large open air space, with stowable railings put in place could be used as a private sunning area, observation deck, overflow entertaining area, and also can be used as a helicopter landing pad.

Deck 5 - Open air space includes raised observation area, seating area with snack/games table, sunpads which radiate from the domed glass skylight above the main foyer atrium, this area is flanked by large service pantries, the two fake facade air cowells serve as entry ways via vented doors to the bathrooms/changing rooms that include large showers, centered between this is the oversized Jacuzzi with power operated canopy, leading down from this area is the sky lounge/informal dining area, which seats up to 20 guests- sliding glass doors open 180 degrees, also these doors can be moved aft behind the spiral staircase and stowed glass panels put in place to incorporate the outdoor bar and change this area to an open lounge/disco- the large table is hoisted up to reveal lights underneath and the module dining chairs are snapped together to form settees, this area houses a large service pantry which is accessed through a stairwell that gives the crew hidden access to all the decks and prep areas, in addition a massage room, and the casual aft deck with the more traditional lounge chairs.

Deck 4 - Pilothouse, captains office and quarters, 1st mates quarters, radio and surveillance rooms, guest stateroom, media room, gym with sauna, dedicated cinema, and helicopter landing pad.

Deck 3 - Crew lounge area, above which the helicopter landing pad leads down through large doors that open out from the center to create a garage on this deck also the two 7 meter tenders are held in this garage and are accessed via gull wing doors on either side, galley, dining room, central foyer atrium, main salon, aft lounge with bar and aft deck which features an intimate conversation pit, aft of this sunpads with electronically controlled recliners stretch out to the back and top of the aft railing.

Deck 2 - Crew areas, 7 guest staterooms, guest lounge, owners stateroom, lounge, and office, the owners stateroom also features fold down exterior doors to create a sun platform and swim platform which is accessed from the owners veranda that is also opened with the use of a hydraulic clam type door.

Deck 1 - Holding areas, crews quarters, engine room, central corridor which links all crew areas together and tender garage with dive room, There are three door openings built into the stern, a central door swings up to access a 10 meter tender, a second door on the starboard side swings down to create a swim platform, and a third door on the port side swings down to create a large swim platform/docking area.

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi Gregg,

Your work is intriguing and quite unique. I specifically like the details you've provide on the interior lay-out and features. Well done!

I hope you don't mind, but your post was moved into the designers discussion forum, as we have to maintain some order around here. Not to worry, a large number of our viewers follow this section with great enthusiasm.

Unfortunately, I was doing some routine server maintenance and accidently deleted your post after I moved it into the new forum. Thankfully, I had saved a copy of it, or you'de have good reason to be upset with me. If you would like to re-post under your own name, please feel free and I will delete this post (currently under my name)

You are on good company, with the likes of Lars, Berndt and others. Welcome aboard!

Carl