Click for Delta Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mag Bay

Outer Reef Yachts

Discussion in 'General Trawler Discussion' started by dockboy93, Feb 15, 2012.

1. dockboy93

dockboy93 New Member

Does anyone have any experience with these boats, particularly the larger ones. Love to here people thoughts. What are their flaws? A search did not turn up much.

Thanks

Dockboy
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

There was plenty of information on OR, including a review I wrote a few years ago. Since then, the sales people in Druek's organization have repeatedly tried to exploit YachtForums, including solicitation of buyers thru the PM system, therefore the OR forums were removed. We no longer provide coverage for OR and that includes endorsement.
  3. sunchaserv

sunchaserv Member

Two months ago I spent some time on an OR at the Seattle Boat show. It is the second one i have examined in some detail. ORs seem well thought out regarding space utilization and ER layout. They have used a well regarded yard in Taiwan for build. Wide side decks and a flat foredeck should allow for easy docking and anchoring. They are concentrating on low fuel burn via hull design and layup weight, important in this day. For the right price, I view the boat positively.

This said, the Fleming 65 seems a good alternative, especially for investment retention. Tony's well publicized recent ocean crossings are a good read. I talked with some who were on the Fleming "Venture" across the Atlantic trip and they raved about the boat's blue water capability.