Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Cheoy Lee Click for Lurssen Click for Westport Click for Cross

Offshore in Red Wing MN !!

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by kips ahoy, Feb 27, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. kips ahoy

kips ahoy New Member

I went through Red Wing Mn Today and spotted an Offshore. I think it may be for sale. I sure is fun to these boats around.
  2. Capt Keller

Capt Keller New Member

Yes, there is an Offshore 38 footer forsale in Red Wing, MN. There's also one for sale near Greenbay, WI. Tried contacting the broker of the one in Red Wing, and asked about what looked like an apparent dent in the port side aft, and he cut off all communications when I did. The one in Greenbay is in much better shape though, and even has a new repaint on the hull.

Capt John S. Keller
    Great Lakes Pilot
  3. CaptainRoamer

CaptainRoamer New Member

There is one for sale in Chicago as well. Anybody know how many they made? They seem to be very rare.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2005
  4. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Long Shot

Thatz a big "5-0" - of which I've spotted about 15+; not a bad survival rate, especially considering there's definitely a few more in the woodwork. ;)
  5. CaptainRoamer

CaptainRoamer New Member

They made 50? I'd love to get my hands on one.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  6. Hal Swinehart

Hal Swinehart New Member

Matt,

Saw an Offshore for sale in Ashtabula, Ohio last August. I can probably get the name of the marina in case you are interested in checking it out at the same time you check out the one in Cleveland.

Hal
  7. CaptainRoamer

CaptainRoamer New Member

Hal,

I've got my hands full with the 37' Riv we have. We just started getting her ready for the water and ran into more work than we originally planned on.

Thanks for watching out, but as much as I'd like to get one, I have two boats (1 to many) as it is. Maybe when we get rid of one...the next will be an offshore.

That being said, if you get a chance, I'm sure everyone on here would love to see some pictures of the one you saw. They are quite rare it seems.

Thanks again.
  8. wakemakerone

wakemakerone New Member

38 foot offshore

:rolleyes: :D yup a 38 foot offshore with 2# 426 wedges is solid on lake mich in huge waves.
  9. Laurence

Laurence Senior Member

Offshore owner

After a little more than a year of having my Offshore, I still think it's a great boat. Hull # ROD380212R with 413 Chrysler wedgies. We cruised yesterday for a couple of hours.

Attached Files:

10. Oneiros

Oneiros Member

Hi
    Oh what a beautiful boat
  11. heide163

heide163 New Member

summers Duluth, MN. winters Ft. Myers, FL
    Offshore

This is my frist post to the form,so let me start off by saying, My first Roamer was a 1964 Offshore that bought in 1989. It had been completly restored when I got it. new paint, upholstery, diesel engines, V drives, on and on.I sold it in 1992. It's home is now on the Chesapeake.
    I really loved that boat and thought of it often and tried to buy it back several times but the present owner said he would never sell it. I have looked at three other Offshores but non ever came close to my first one.
    I was surfing the internet looking for a boat to replace my 1973 wood Grand Banks that I keep in Ft. Myers, as my condo has set new rules for boat length at 38', when I ran across another 1964 Offshore in Wiss. I am now the proud owner of my new to me Offshore. Its name is Turtle and partially restored. I'am very excited.
    Marv. Heide
  12. Oneiros

Oneiros Member

hi
    found our roamer rivera in milwauke in 2005 it´s 37ft was looking for a steel boat on boatraderonline and found it there but lots of jobbs have replaet 20m2 of here botton and repowred the enginers it dd 8.2l .to me 90day to get her home to sweden but is a dream for us. hope next boat vill bee a offshore just like them..
  13. Laurence

Laurence Senior Member

Diesel repower

I have Chrysler gas engines in my Offshore. What can you tell me about repowering with diesel. Doesn't the boat become stern heavy from the added weight since this is a v-drive configuration? Is there much improvement in fuel consumption? I sure would like to see a photo.
  14. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

No good deed,..

..., goes unpunished.
    Fabulous.
    Lucky you!
    Still, posting such photoeZ requires that you submit a boat name in addition to hull # (thanx). :eek:
    Not obligatory, mind you, but we are keeping a list ("Known Survivors") and checking it twice!! ;)
    Cheers!
    Eric
    PS - Just private message me your regular email address for a copy of "Known Survivors" - we've fully documented 17% of all production boats to date.

Attached Files:

15. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Reasons Why

Is this the very one?

Sounds wonderful. Wonder iffin' you've found her hull# yet. :rolleyes:
    Cheers!
    Eric

Attached Files:

16. 45tf

45tf New Member

Roamer Offshore in Northern Ontario

There was a 38 Roamer Offshore sitting along side Ontario road 559 beside a cottage for years, probably still there, looks to be in fair shape too. Take Highway 69 North, about 10 miles past Parry Sound to 559 West towards the bay. Just sitting there beside the road. The question is how did it get there?
  17. Alanglois

Alanglois Member

There is a 38' Offshore on the hard in Eastlake, OH - very poor condition and probably unsalvagable. I will try to get the Hull # for you Eric so we can place it. Also a 37' Riviera on the hard right next to her - steel. Could be hope for that one.
  18. heide163

heide163 New Member

summers Duluth, MN. winters Ft. Myers, FL
    Sorry to take so long in replying. The Roamer Offshore in the pictures is my first Roamer. It was power with 220hp Renault Diesels and new V drives to handle the HP. When I sold her it had a fly bridge and a arch.
    The internment panel and the helm chair and arch I designed and built. I also made the plack and installed it.
    The horsepower wasn't enoff to get it on plain but would cruse at 2mpg at 10mph.
    heide163@aol.com

heide163@aol.com
  19. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

Unless you want a triple load of SPAM in your inbox, I'd highly suggest you fragment your email address. Search Agents and BOT's will pick it up in no time.

Most recommend not posting your email, and use the PM system, however if you *must*, do something like your_name (at) yourdomain dot net