Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Comfort Click for YF Listing Service Click for Walker

Oceanco "SUNRISE"

Discussion in 'Oceanco Yacht' started by littlefitzer, Sep 15, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. littlefitzer

littlefitzer New Member

Hi all,
    I'm new to the forum, but not new to boating.
    I have just seen the amzing Oceanco Sunrise docked in downtown Toronto, Lake Ontario, Canada and I have never seen anything like it.
    Can any of you provide me with more pics of this beauty, details on it, and also who in the world owns her - she is stunning, I would love to know.

Thanks,
    littlefitzer
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi and welcome to the YachtForums!

There are a few pictures on the Oceanco website, exterior and some interiors. You look under FLEET and there you have to play with the symbols on the silly flash-site to find it. I think you will find something by searching here on YachtForums as well. Click on "Search" above.

On owners we never disclose names if they are not already widely known as such. This has to do with both privacy and security since the web is open to anyone...

But if she is still in port, go down and ask them! If you like to take a picture you are welcome to add her to our Oceanco Gallery.

http://www.****************/site/index.html
  3. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Nice! Although T.O. seems a little far from the normal cruising grounds... I'm guessing it's there for the film-fest last week? :cool:
  4. littlefitzer

littlefitzer New Member

Sunrise

Yeam amazing yacht....as I said I don't think I've ever seen anything so beautiful!

There was no-one aboard or near it to ask details. I asked at the bar it was docked beside but all they could tell me was that it is five years old and had been here all week. And yes the film festival is still on, so that's what it must be here for, plus U2 are playing 4 nights here - so could be record company mogul, film company mogul, actor, actress, singer etc etc.

Fantastic yacht though. I might try and pop down again this evening and take some pics for you.

Thanks for the link.

p.s. Does anyone know how much a boat like that would actually cost? The interior and exterior are incredible!!
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2005
  5. Kipper

Kipper New Member

Sunrise in Toronto

Hi All!

I'm a newbie aboard this forum, having only discovered it last week, while searching for info on the Oceanco "Sunrise". From just "lurking", I've progressed to joining, and have to thank the moderators for a most excellent forum!

We overlook the harbour here, and enjoy seeing the odd large yacht dropping by for a visit. Sunrise is the latest, and one of the largest we have seen this year. I believe she is here for the Toronto International Film Festival, as previously stated, and has been idle all week. But today (Saturday) is the final Gala of the Film Fest, and is at Harbourfront, about 50 metres from the quay where Sunrise is berthed. The crew has been busy today shining her up, truckloads of flowers have been loaded aboard this morning, and the upper jacuzzi has been filled, so I believe a party will be aboard this evening!

I am trying to attach a few pics, of her arrival as well as one taken just moments ago from one of our balconies. I have quite a few pics of other yachts that have graced our harbour, so will try to post where appropriate.

Thanks for a great forum!

Kipper

Attached Files:

6. Kipper

Kipper New Member

More Sunrise

Another shot of Sunrise at Pier 4, Harbourfront, Toronto. She slightly overwhelms the neighbours! The Harbour Police station is just to the right of the pic, I guess to ensure nobody steals Sunshine!

Attached Files:

7. JonS

JonS Senior Member

That building covering her bow in the above shot is a great bar! I was in there in July when i went over to see my brother! Unfortunately when i was there, there was no such company to behold! Nice shots tho [thumbs up] :cool:
  8. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Hey Kipper... I envy your view! ;)
  9. Kipper

Kipper New Member

Hey Jon and Kevin,

Great to hear that you were visiting in July Jon, sorry there weren't many visiting yachts for you to see at Wally Magoo's bar at Pier 4! The bar and the restaurant are excellent spots to watch harbour action, and most larger yachts visiting Toronto park right outside - from the upper dining area at the restaurant you are on the same level as the upper deck on most yachtsof Sunshine's size.

We had Lady Patricia here in August, and Highlander was here a while back. It is actually surprising that so many large yachts visit Toronto, and just sit there! Sunshine is into her second week here, and other than the crew scrubbing her down, filling then emptying the 2 jacuzzis and then repeating the process, there has been no signof life on her at all!

I stay amused by watching the sailing races either in the harbour or out past the islands (a great fleet of 8 meter sloops at the RCYC!).Last weekend there was a "Poker Run" of about 30 large off-shore power boats that started just off the airport beach, and that shook up the neighbourhood when the green flag flew!

Kevin, it is a great view, it's just too bad it is frozen over for what seems like 10 months of the year! Keep your eye out for me in Montreal, and let me know if anything interesting is heading upstream!

Later,

Kip
  10. JonS

JonS Senior Member

That's it! Wally Magoo's! I couldn't remember the name of it! We went there on my brothers recommendation :) The beer there is great!

Oh to be back there now! :(
  11. Kipper

Kipper New Member

Hey Jon,

We just got back from a sail on the harbour (J-24), and had a brewski at Wally Magoo's in your honour! It's getting a bit chilly here in the evenings, but Wally's still keeps the patio open. Sunrise is still parked here, but I suspect she may be heading back south soon.

Enjoy!

Kipper
  12. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Cheers!

Thanks Kipper! :D
  13. Kipper

Kipper New Member

No more Sunshine in Toronto!

After almost a month in port, Sunshine finally sailed off into the fog this morning, departing for parts unknown! Her owners arrived on Friday for a visit at last. It would be interesting to hear where Sunshine appears next! Keep us posted!

Kipper
  14. moeby16

moeby16 Guest

sunrise again!

Just to let all you curiosity seekers out there know - the Sunrise is in Halifax.
    Quite a beauty too! They are making a movie in town and Ann Heche (sp?) was spotted, so who knows, it could be her's.
    Cheers,
    Moe
  15. psdo

psdo Senior Member

Sunshine in St.Maarten

Took this shot last week in St.Maarten,, thought she looked a little like Lady Lola but knew it wasn't. Found this post to identify her. Oddly enough she has been here in my back yard in Toronto recently. What a coincidence.

Attached Files:

16. Angelus

Angelus New Member

Art work

For all you Sunrise fans..She came in as Acclaim and left as Sunrise.. Always did like this piece of Art:)

Attached Files:

17. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

Lots of layers there... and a dash of lens flare. ;)

Nice pic Angelus. Really glad you joined us!
  18. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Thanks

Oh yea, m/y Sunrise is really nice.. she has alot of detailing especially in her railing work. Love the teo Jacuzzis as well... thanks Angelus.
  19. Angelus

Angelus New Member

Thanks

Dont thank me Sir Thank OceAnco and the design team. She was one of a bred which in some way I fear has left. The design team has changed overall drastically in the last few years so I guess the yachts would too. If you look at At Amevi, she is as far from the older thin sliek looks of Sunrise, constellation and so on. A different but artistic view on the Ocean. I really wasn't keen on it at first, But when you look real close, everything on the yacht compliments the rest of it.. Well done OceAnco and the design team. Keep it up!
  20. Bdordrecht

Bdordrecht New Member

i guess between 60 and 80 million