Click for Burger Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Cross Click for Mulder

| Oceanco | 82M | "Alfa Nero" ex. Y702 | 2007/21 |

Discussion in 'Oceanco Yacht' started by Yacht News, Sep 19, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

2. Brian

Brian Senior Member

Nice sea trial video clip!
    She must be going close to her top speed here and in some big sea conditions yet not much pitching.
    I notice a fairly large portion of her aft wake immediately behind her swim platform relatively undisturbed before the prop wash starts. Must be very hydrodynamic hull shape.
  3. Bdordrecht

Bdordrecht New Member

this is truly a beatiful yacht, hopefully i am allowed to go on the 703 seatrails :D
  4. comship

comship Senior Member

Alfa Nero is currently docked in Faliro Marina in Greece, I haven't seen more magnificent Yacht
  5. dockboy93

dockboy93 New Member

if you go onto oceanco's website and into the news and media section and you go to the videos, the second half of the corporate video is all about alfa nero. It tours the whole boat....

very cool
  6. 'RoundTheHorn

'RoundTheHorn Senior Member

Fantastic video. Although the striking music paired with the fact that one never sees a soul aboard Alfa Nero makes it somewhat creepy as if the boat is alive and heading off on its own (okay, there was a deckhand taking a tender out, but it could be perceived as the great beast disgorging something it didn't like). Even still, she's a beautifully designed vessel with a first class interior.
  7. Yacht News

"Alfa Nero" up for sale

Interestingly, the 82-meter oceAnco "Alfa Nero" has been listed on the brokerage market through joint brokerage firms. Alfa Nero was launched in 2007 and made her debut at the Monaco Yacht Show (MYS).
  8. Jabor

Jabor Member

Yeah, I saw that too. Apparently she is for sale for just shy of Euro$130M... that's A LOT of money...
  9. Yacht News

You got that right Jabor!
  10. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

At last!
    I've had this $190,000,000 just burning a hole in my pocket without a clue in what to do with it! My problems: over!
  11. Yacht News

.......:D
  12. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

Aw, come on Propbet - surely an old salt like you knows that your problems are only just beginning - not least the 10% per annum running costs you'll need in the other pocket! :eek:
  13. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

Haa!
    I was hoping to cover maintenance and operating costs out of my daughters piggy bank. It is quite large you know, and she's been collecting my pocket change for a few years now.

All kidding aside, Alfo Nero, IMO is a spectacular boat. She has been one of my all time favorite boats on the water. It will be interesting to see how long she is on the market for and if / what the current owner is moving to.
  14. Yacht News

Something smaller! How many pockets can you have Propbet!?!;)
  15. Jabor

Jabor Member

Anyone would know wher can I find hi-res floor plans and GA for the y702 Alfa Nero?

Thanks!
  16. Yacht News

17. Jabor

Jabor Member

18. wscott52

wscott52 Senior Member

I suspect if you're talking about an 82m yacht J P Morgan's famous retort to a reporter asking a similar question might apply, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it".

ps If you're really a low profile billionaire I may be wrong.
  19. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

The exact cost would depend upon how many bar stools you wanted to be covered with Elephant Foreskin and how much other exotic materials you wanted to have onboard.

For approx 150m Euro Oceanco would be able to build you a new one, give or take a few million.

There would then be the better part of 10 to outfit it with the Toys and Tenders and other Owner supplied items.

On top of this you should be able to handle somewhere between 5 and 10% of the delivered cost annually to keep it pristine.
  20. brunick

brunick Senior Member

i've seen Alfa Nero being for sale on some other webpage for around 180m € - so i guess there are a lot of Elephant Foreskin covered bar stools around ;)